The Neon Demon Reviews

• May 30, 2020

Prettiest movie ever? Check. Shocking to the point where I was unable to move until long after the credits rolled? Check. An impressive allegory about vanity and how soul-sucking Hollywood can be with all it's beauty on the surface and shallow surprising monster deep on the inside? Check. Made by one of my favorite directors? Check. Yeah. 9.75/10 will be fair.

• May 29, 2020

An exercise in absurdity it is for sure, but even exercises can be actually entertaining or scary. Instead, Refn just piles up derivative chromatic displays, random splatter, snore-inducing sequences and, just when you thought it couldn't be more pretentious, a scene of necrophilia because of course that will be shocking. The titular demon has swallowed the film whole.

• May 23, 2020

The beautiful stylized look of "The Neon Demon" is lost to the chaos of its pretentiousness.

• May 19, 2020

Very stylish, but pretty terrible in every other aspect, with nothing interesting or new to say.

• May 08, 2020

Obscure and visually driven. Not a character focused movie, so if you're looking for that, you won't find it in "The Neon Demon". But the movie is great. The soundtrack is fantastic, and of course the cinematography is unique and artistic. More of a hit on Hollywood than it is a story driven work. Still great and I would recommend if you're not opposed to its odd delivery of its subjects

• May 04, 2020

It's a great techno movie! I loved it!

It's a great techno movie! I loved it!

• Apr 30, 2020

Insightful, entertaining, symbolic and unsettling. Beauty will have a conscience now.

• Apr 27, 2020

I would say the neon demon starts off OK it’s a beautiful film to look at with a good soundtrack and beautiful use of camera and colors. Unfortunately the movie becomes extremely grotesque and over the top towards the end. To the point where you don’t know what happened. The film is also slower than I would’ve hoped for. I enjoyed drive but the directors last two efforts have been subpar.

• Apr 27, 2020

Could have being very interesting but gets boring cos of too much aesthetics and psychological subtext and slowness

• Apr 24, 2020

Visually stunning that's the NWR mark, very creative plot, this movie contains a lot of references which made it so interesting, subjects like narcissism and the link between supermodels with monsters make this film a good one.