The Number 23 Reviews

• Jan 13, 2020

Jim Carrey does what he can with an evidently poor premise.

Jim Carrey does what he can with an evidently poor premise.

• Dec 14, 2019

Jim Carey's only attempt at a serious movie and an excellent one. Must see

Jim Carey's only attempt at a serious movie and an excellent one. Must see

• Oct 07, 2019

I felt disengaged throughout the whole movie.

I felt disengaged throughout the whole movie.

• Sep 12, 2019

Good and great movie to watch for that is every number counts 23 great thriller.

• Aug 11, 2019

It was really not as bad as 8%. It's an interesting story and I didn't see the twist coming... This isn't Jim Carrey's best film but it's really not awful.

• Jul 28, 2019

Unusual role for Carey but I thought it was a pretty solid psychological thriller.

• May 06, 2019

This is the worst movie in the Ace Ventura: Pet Detective trilogy by far. First of all they changed his hair to be even more ridiculous. He is apparently working undercover as a dog catcher, which kind of makes sense u til a dog bites him which literally just blows a hole in the character story we all thought we knew. And then at some point he turns into a homicide detective that kills a lady and also his wife bakes cakes like constantly, literally always with the cakes, so annoying.

• Apr 28, 2019

A truly bad movie by Joel Schumacher; it maybe worse than Batman & Robin. Also perhaps the worst movie Jim Carrey has ever starred in. The plot is horrible, absent in both suspense or thrills. The characters are contrived, lifeless, marionette puppets. The script gives us no value whatsoever. With an ending that is the absolute worst. Its dumb, agonizing, senseless, and totally illogical. Don't ever watch this monstrosity, I beg of you.

• Apr 16, 2019

Seeing Carrey in a non-comedic role is a tad it hard of a pill to swallow. I've seen him in other serious movies and he did an alright job, but this role clearly wasn't cut out for him.

• Oct 26, 2018

I have seen this movie 3 times over the past 10 years, and I thoroughly enjoy it each time. The spooky/weird vibe it gives you is really super-compelling, even as you're telling yourself the premise is silly. The acting is great, the silly pseudo-noir parallel world of the book totally fits the tone, and there is a strong desire to know what is going on, that has a worthwhile and, to me, satisfying end. I thoroughly enjoy it and had to make an account when I saw the ridiculous and inexplicably low critic score. Very entertaining and creep-inducing, with very thematic music and cinematography. I really like this movie.