The Nun Reviews

• 2d ago

About as dumb a collection of hollywood teenage "theology" as I ever saw, not to mention a plot that was written in a dung heap. They understand Catholicism about as well as they understand quantum mechanics. Hell I couldn't even see what happened with the picture being so dark. Plot was a collections of booms and screams. Total waste of time. Rented from red box. Not even worth that. Go back to your surfboards dudes. Leave making making movies to Ridley Scott.

• 3d ago

What a waste. The movie has a gothic and beautiful settings but sadly it falls short in all other areas. The plot is strange, the characters forgettable and incredibly dumb, and the movie relies soly on jumpscares. It takes effort to make what was a good concept in to a snoozefest.

• 4d ago

Not scary, nothing new. Super boring

Not scary, nothing new. Super boring

• 5d ago

Literally less scary than Indiana kones

Literally less scary than Indiana kones

• 6d ago

With trashy jump scares that are easily predictable and the classic female always in distress I found my self constantly looking at how much time this movie had left so I knew when the torment was over. I could not wait for this to be done, sad to see as I've loved majority of the other movies in the conjuring franchise, I hate that they have ruined a chance of really developing and expanding on the character.

• Jul 14, 2019

It felt short to me. Should have been longer.

It felt short to me. Should have been longer.

• Jul 14, 2019

Another Conjuring spin-off, another failure. Coming out of the movie, I can tell you that I wanted Nun of that. Jumpscare after Jumpscare, that is about it. Waste of time and a movie.

• Jul 13, 2019

It is worst.. the worst in the conjuring universe i dont know why it maked so much money its dissopatment... 21%

• Jul 11, 2019

There is a lot to like here so it's a shame that it ultimately falls short. The characters are likable and relatable. The film looks pretty good. The set up and overall setting is perfect. There are some very effective scares in the first half. Where the movie gets off track is a little past the half way mark. What could have been a surreal experience becomes an aggressively stylistic one and it ruins any sense that this is genuinely happening. A little restraint would have made this a more effective experience. The plot is simple and that's great. The film's style goes way over the top. This would be fine in an epic fantasy film but not in a ghost story. Also, there is actually too little of the title character. I wanted to see more of her roaming the halls at night and less of her getting right up in the characters face in the climactic showdown. It's not totally unenjoyable but the balance is simply off.

• Jul 09, 2019

this movie fails to live up to its hype while scary in buts feels inconsistent with its pace and is pretty forgettable