The Sitter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sitter Reviews

½ August 16, 2016
This film is just gross by every stretch of the imagination...

July 29, 2016
A good ish film but I was expecting a little more but not as bad most people say, Some funny moments but nothing we haven't seen before.
July 22, 2016
Jonah Hill and Sam Rockwell are the two that make the film watchable.
June 30, 2016
The Sitter is not really that funny. This is one of Jonah Hill's worst movies yet. The trailer to this movie looked good, but when you see the movie it isn't that good. I would somewhat suggest this movie.
½ February 15, 2016
I admit I enjoyed this movie because I kinda just enjoy Jonah Hill in any situation, but the whole concept is kinda played-out. Nothing really new to be seen here and being honest here, having the annoying kid ruining everything for everyone seems to be something hollywood producers think people love but I actually don't know anyone who really ever enjoyed that. Ever.
½ January 9, 2016
How "unprobable" can a story get? It has some semi-funny moments but most of the jokes just feel dull. The world wouldn't really care if this movie was never made..
November 3, 2015
As far as bad goes, this was really bad
½ October 17, 2015
mildly amusing teen romp. when all else goes to shit find romance.

tough times kids that have seemed to have had it easy get out on the town with there impromptu sitter intent on getting that all important favour for a beloved one in 'in' time
½ October 12, 2015
Actually had a ton of fun with this. Perfect Jonah Hill vehicle.
October 4, 2015
I thought it was a pretty funny movie
August 24, 2015
This movie just flat out doesn't work. It is like the pacifier with Vin Diesel. That movie was pretty bad but this is still worse. Nothing happens logically, they just make really dumb situations with bad acting and raunchy jokes that don't really fit together. All the characters are ridiculous, and nothing is funny. Even if it is free skip it.
August 12, 2015
Una mala pelicula. Terrible este tipo de comedia
July 17, 2015
A positive 2 stars given my extremely low expectations. Jonah Hill displays the qualities necessary for holding down a lead comedy role but he is not helped by a formulaic plot.
July 8, 2015
Really sloppy and unorganized, Jonah Hill's charm and sense of humor really made this film somewhat watchable, but the plot was a giant mystery and it was just not coordinated.
May 31, 2015
Definitely not a favorite of mine for Jonah Hill. Was going for slap stick comedy and then life lessons the next. The Sitter was definitely a swing and a miss.
½ May 29, 2015
had some funny parts
April 28, 2015
December 20th 2011
May 29th 2012....
June 15th 2012
April 27th 2015
½ April 15, 2015
Very much like Adventures In Babysitting, but more modern and maybe not quite as good though much nastier. It has over-the-top characters and good laughs. I saw it when I was a little depressed about finding a better job and this film cheered me up.