The Way - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Way Reviews

September 20, 2017
Amazing film! Seems simple yet it's actually very complex and beautifully structured! Worth the watch. Stays with you.
½ September 13, 2017
Great movie. Well done. Wonderful soundtrack.
June 21, 2017
An American father heads overseas to France to recover the body of his estranged son who died while traveling the "El camino de Santiago," and decides to take the pilgrimage in Spain himself.
May 30, 2017
Emilio Estevez has really struck good here! Martin Sheen and his cast of clumsy misfits are excellently cast in this incredible film about loss and strained relationships. The sentiment and struggle was real and not forced, which made it easier for each character to develop into the real human being they were. I loved this film because is exposes our flaws and helps us to reconcile with each struggle we might have, and sometimes a good start is with a pair of hiking boots, a quiet trail, and some good friends. Well done!
March 8, 2017
I am not really a Martin Sheen fan but he does a good job adding something to a pretty lackluster story that has heart but is too repetitive. The supporting cast isn't bad but the characters they play are just too stereotypical and the attempts at making them endearing falls flat.
February 11, 2017
Very heartwarming. Emilio Estevez deserves more credit for passion projects like yhis
½ January 18, 2017
The Way's biggest sin is the lacking of character development. Besides, the plot is very poorly written and the characters are uninteresting. I expected more... much more!
November 14, 2016
I thought this was really lovely and unexpected. The joys of deep diving in to your Netflix queue and coming up trumps.
November 10, 2016
A touching tale that's often a bit cheesy and disjointed but is ultimately enjoyable. The best part is the feeling of actually spending time travelling along the route with them.
September 10, 2016
Amazing. It got me wishing to do it, I will. Will do the same with my mom!
July 18, 2016
Soooooo sloooowwwww. Boring. Dialogue was stupid, not realistic. Martin Sheen's character was extremely unlikable. As an actor, he seemed disengaged from the movie. The supporting cast carried it. A waste of time.
July 8, 2016
This is a piece of shit
April 4, 2016
It is clearly made with some good intentions and Martin Sheen's performance is what carries this film, but in the end it is way too long and too painted by the numbers. It's an interesting piece of work. Not terrible, but not outstanding either.
½ March 30, 2016
A surprisingly great road trip movie. Strong performances from the entire cast of characters. This is one I know I'll want to revisit again and again along my journey through life.
March 26, 2016
I loved this movie! never heard of it until scrolling through On Demand and just stumbled across it. I t deserves more recognition
March 8, 2016
Awesome adventure independent film of a father who lost his son while hiking the Pyrenees.
March 1, 2016
This is a beautifully made movie. Makes you want to go and walk the Camino as well.
February 29, 2016
Poignant trekking tale. Great ensemble cast. See it!
½ February 20, 2016
ya okelah, martin sheen & scenery-nya. cuma kyk ada yg kurang. orang yg ga suka travelling mungkin jd suka kelar nonton ini.