The Way - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Way Reviews

September 10, 2016
Amazing. It got me wishing to do it, I will. Will do the same with my mom!
July 18, 2016
Soooooo sloooowwwww. Boring. Dialogue was stupid, not realistic. Martin Sheen's character was extremely unlikable. As an actor, he seemed disengaged from the movie. The supporting cast carried it. A waste of time.
July 8, 2016
This is a piece of shit
April 4, 2016
It is clearly made with some good intentions and Martin Sheen's performance is what carries this film, but in the end it is way too long and too painted by the numbers. It's an interesting piece of work. Not terrible, but not outstanding either.
½ March 30, 2016
A surprisingly great road trip movie. Strong performances from the entire cast of characters. This is one I know I'll want to revisit again and again along my journey through life.
March 26, 2016
I loved this movie! never heard of it until scrolling through On Demand and just stumbled across it. I t deserves more recognition
March 8, 2016
Awesome adventure independent film of a father who lost his son while hiking the Pyrenees.
March 1, 2016
This is a beautifully made movie. Makes you want to go and walk the Camino as well.
February 29, 2016
Poignant trekking tale. Great ensemble cast. See it!
½ February 20, 2016
ya okelah, martin sheen & scenery-nya. cuma kyk ada yg kurang. orang yg ga suka travelling mungkin jd suka kelar nonton ini.
February 11, 2016
I didn't care for this movie...I found it was too slow/boring and also for some reason I can't see Martin Sheen as anyone but "Martin Sheen".
½ January 11, 2016
meh. but that said, everyone else in the room liked it more than me. :)
a little slow, scenery is nice.
½ January 3, 2016
Powerful and inspiring albeit predictable.
December 12, 2015
One of my favorites. I love stories of journeys, and people discovering hard truths about themselves. Martin Sheen is terrific, the supporting cast is full of colourful characters, and the story of the Camino de Santiago is inspiring. It is definitely on my bucket list now!
½ December 10, 2015
very good movie to see. the purpose of his journey had good meaning.
December 6, 2015
Same repeated characters as Martin Sheehan rehashes to trail his son trekked. Staged and lacks luster. If you have insomnia watch this movie it should cure your problem. 9 on a scale of 10 on the sleepometer.
November 11, 2015
Quite possibly THE. BEST. MOVIE. I'VE. EVER. SEEN! Words can't truly describe the interesting cast of characters, plot development, breathtaking views, compassionate relationship building and quality acting. Not meant to be a religious film, rather, a journey that draws each character to God in their own way.
½ October 13, 2015
Excellent, deep movie! Great acting! I loved this movie, the characters and the deep insight experienced by each individual and found myself comparing each of their hardships to mine! Couldn't leave it for a second! Excellent choice of actors to fit roles!
½ October 4, 2015
This movie has just enough heart to make it watchable, despite the mediocre acting, ham-fisted script and mawkishness. The cinematography does a lovely job of sharing the beauty of the landscape with viewers and the premise is very emotionally engaging. It's a bit frustrating to think what this film might have been with a whole lot less exposition in the script and a willingness to allow its characters to develop, but if the chance comes up to watch The Way, don't run a mile from it, even if you don't seek it out.