There's Something About Mary - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

There's Something About Mary Reviews

August 26, 2016
The Farrelly's best - holds up after repeated viewings.
½ August 21, 2016
Just saw this yesterday with my friends. It was totally funny. The stalker side of it was ridiculously awesome, and we were just laughing all the way. There were those cheesy moments, and realistic heartbreak moments, and everything was either rude but true or just wacky. I really loved how it takes on the comedy side of teen failures, and it seemed like pure romantic-comedy classic. I would see this again some other time, even if the ending was literally what-the-hell-ish. Oh, one more thing, the duo who plays "live" music adds a an intimately "ouch" for the protagonist. Ben Stiller and Cameron Diaz would be happy for their eternal lives that they did it.
August 5, 2016
Un incontournable de l'humour !
July 23, 2016
Still holds up well after 15+ years!
June 24, 2016
This movie is so dumb and so lame. But I like it. IIRC this is the first movie of this genre.
May 30, 2016
one of the best written comedies
½ May 28, 2016
The film might be funny for some people, but for me the comedy felt forced. To further explain that statement, the movie had barely any funny scenes, and only in some parts was it funny, and the fact it had a weak story doesn't help it. However, a weak plot is expected in comedy movies, but There's Something About Mary might not be the comedy movie for people who tend to enjoy comedies with a good story, such as myself.
May 24, 2016
It's alright, I guess. A-List actors, solid comedy, decent acting. 90s comedy with plot and conclussion.
½ May 17, 2016
I thought it was outstandingly funny
April 25, 2016
4/24/2016: A good funny movie with an excellent cast.
½ March 27, 2016
OMG! So hilarious the first time I saw it... Don't think I've ever laughed so hard!
March 20, 2016
only adam sandler is a worse actor than ben stiller.
February 22, 2016
I enjoy Ben Stiller but as this is one of his early films... I'll let him off.
February 20, 2016
never seen it, no opinion of whether I want to
½ January 30, 2016
This film is silly and a great time. It does not slow down and is full of incredible laugh-out-loud moments. I especially enjoy the ""Puffy" moments! If you're looking for a fresh, funny, adult-themed comedy, you can't go wrong with this film. A predictably silly love story, funny and full of hilarious crazy twists. I'll never think of hair gel the same again!
January 24, 2016
Actually have never seen the whole movie (after The Heartbreak Kid--not sure I'm in a rush to)
December 26, 2015
This film is obviously a classic.
½ December 25, 2015
this movie is just funny. there is a lot of gross out humor but it is mostly useful for story or character development. this is Ben Stiller at his best while Matt Dillon turned in his best performance in years, showing he's a comedic actor. Cameron Diaz is also very funny as a "straight man" while the craziness goes on around her. if you want to laugh, watch this movie, simple as that.
November 18, 2015
Fun and charming. Cameron Diaz proved herself a true movie star with this one.
November 8, 2015
Incredibly funny movie and a great plot!! A little inappropriate, but great otherwise.