Toy Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Toy Story Reviews

February 20, 2018
Best Pixar Movie Ever Made
February 18, 2018
Toy Story was not only a hallmark movie in the history of computer animation, but told a story that speaks to the kid inside all of us.
½ February 13, 2018
80/100

Para un declarado fan de Pixar me resulta chocante decir esto, que su primer película,"Toy Story", esta sobrevalorada, cuando la vi por primera vez no me pareció la gran cosa, y al día de hoy, aunque mi opinión hacia la película es más favorable sigo sosteniendo que no es lo mejor que ha hecho Pixar, pero reconozco lo innovadora y revolucionaria que fue para su tiempo y que gracias a ella hemos vistos las maravillas que nos ha ofrecido el estudio de animación durante estos ya, más de 20 años.
February 13, 2018
Strengths: It's one of the most innovative films of all time. It set the standard for computer animation in film and put Pixar on the map as a company. It's insane to think that this was done in 1995 and still looks fantastic over twenty years later. They took a relatively simple concept for a story, and built it into one of the finest films in history. The feeling of being replaced someone new is one that many people have experienced, making Woody's tale relatable. Tom Hanks (Woody) and Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear) both deliver ace voice performances that would go on to become iconic. The rest of the characters are perfect choices for support. They all just the right amount of quirks to make them memorable. From an insecure dinosaur to a loyal slinky dog to a knowledgeable piggy bank to an angry potato, you can't help but be entertained. Sid (Erik von Detten) made for a great villain, perfectly fitting into this story. The final few minutes were great, as the drama was built up very well and you kept thinking Woody and Buzz would never make it home. Though I'm not a fan of Randy Newman, his music in this film is iconic for a reason.

Weaknesses: It's really hard to find flaws with this movie. If I had to pick one, I guess some of the scenes might not be great for all children. The stuff with the toys in Sid's room is quite dark.

Overall: A masterpiece of a film that is not only a classic for the content, but because of the impact it had on the industry. Incredible characters and voice cast, a great story, and animation that was ahead of its time. Toy Story is an instant classic.
February 5, 2018
Toy Story sends a good message out to kids while also making one of the best animated movies of all time which changed the game for animation while also turning Pixar into a household name.
February 5, 2018
One of my favorite movies of all time!! Absolutely hysterical!! And Very clever, with unforgettable main characters!! A true classic!! The animation still holds up almost 23 years later!!
February 4, 2018
This movie has always been a part of my childhood, and I love it so so much! The best thing about this is movie I would say is how it is the reason why we have all these other awesome computer animated movies including my favorite Pixar movie, Finding Nemo. I will always give this movie the respect that it truly deserves, because if it weren't for this movie, then there would be nothing like Finding Nemo. 10 out of 10! Everything about this movie is awesome!
February 3, 2018
Best part of my childhood
½ February 2, 2018
ah, it never gets old
January 22, 2018
Toy Story's magic amazingly manages to hold decades after its 1995 release. Woody (Tom Hanks), a toy cowboy, is used to being king of the roost in owner Andy's home. When a shiny new toy shows up by the name of Buzz Lightyear (Tim Allen), Buzz and Woody have to figure out a way to coexist in Andy's room.

While the movie largely revolves around the big characters of Buzz and Woody, Toy Story would be nothing without the rest of its fun and lovable crew. My personal favorite was Rex (Wallace Shawn) a T-Rex scared of disappointing any and everyone. His numerous moments of distress keep the comedy level ramped up. He is the antithesis of a film that stresses living in the now as he is always worried about what's going to happen next.

It's an adventure that takes you all over the place while breaking animation barriers in the process. You'll explore an exciting world through the eyes of tiny toys where everything is much bigger. From racing through Pizza Planet and escaping "The Claw" (Ohhhhhhh) to harrowing escapes from attack dogs and evil neighbor kids, you're never bored from one moment to the next. Seriously, what's not to like?

There are so many classic scenes, it's hard to keep track. One scene in particular saw Woody trying to communicate with the other toys from neighbor Sid's window. He's trying to prove that Buzz is still alive but only has Buzz's arm. All hell breaks loose when the other toys realize the truth. The scene is less than two minutes, but easily one of the most memorable.

I saw this film for the first time when I was eleven and the message was lost on me then. Years later, it's staring me dead in the face: It's about not trying to be something you aren't but rather focusing on being the best YOU you can be. It's a magical film that takes us back to a time before video games were everything. The first of one of the best trilogies ever done, I give it a solid 98.
January 14, 2018
What can I say, Toy Story offers a story younger viewers will enjoy.
January 7, 2018
The animation is not the best but it's outstanding for its time and has really shaped the 3D animation nowadays! A very smart choice to go with something made out of plastic; the animation looks a little bad on actual animal and human characters. The characters are creative and the story is pretty great. Definitely worth your time if you haven't seen this yet.
January 5, 2018
breakthrough in technology, breakthrough in story writing.
December 29, 2017
One of the best animated films ever made. It's funny, it's touching, it's creative and has a great message. It's Pixar at its best.
December 26, 2017
Excellent, it marked my childhood!
December 20, 2017
Aside from it's revolutionary visual style and production, this is a solid film with heart that introduces a lot of the greatest animated characters in film
December 18, 2017
The original Toy Story is the greatest animated movie ever.
December 17, 2017
Puntaje Original: 8.0

Fantástica, entretenida y muy divertida; a los niños les encantará y se volverá su favorita por largo tiempo.
December 10, 2017
What can I say that already hasn't been said? Just watch it.
½ December 9, 2017
An amazing and innovative film, Toy Story is a classic. Though the animation hasn't aged that well.