The Transporter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Transporter Reviews

½ September 2, 2016
What seemed like fun in 2002 now comes off as creepy and banal. It's hard to root for a main character that has no regard for human life, morals and who participates in human trafficking. His character also comes off as a socially stunned would-be rapist.

And this movie is set in the heart of upper class France. Why the fuck is everyone speaking English?!
August 30, 2016
The Transporter packs some of the most exhilirating action moments to date, but is weighed down by it's script and storyline.
½ August 26, 2016
The best of the 3, IMO - stunts that have a basis in reality, unlike the others, & a nice Beemer. A Statham classic.
½ August 13, 2016
I honestly don't see the appeal of this movie. I lost interest about 2/3 of the way through which is bad for a film like this. I call it overrated. You can call whatever you like, I'm planting my roots on my opinion.

½ July 30, 2016
July 27, 2016
It may be stupid (and believe me, it sure is), but you can't deny that 'The Transporter' is one hell of a fun action movie, with some great chase sequences and a typically bad-ass performance from Jason Statham.
July 27, 2016
The Transporter has a incoherent story, but Jason Statham provides deathly action to an fast-pace, quick action flick
½ July 21, 2016
Jason Statham definitely needs to be in the conversation of the best action stars of the last decade. Statham is one of the most unique action stars out there and he has had quite a career. Amazingly enough he will every now and then find his way into subtle crime thrillers like The Italian Job and bank Heist or even in his last effort, a comedy film, Spy. However Statham didn't get the chance to do all that before The Transporter which launched his career. I jumped into this franchise during the 2nd film's release and I always wondered about franks past and this film does just that. However as a film in general its not quite that good of an action piece.
In this first picture we learn about the mysterious professional getaway driver Frank Martin. Martin a former solider in the army delivers packages on time and in a sufficient manner. He also follows his own set of rules which helps him do his job in perfect fashion. On one job he gets a package in the form of a chinese woman who was supposed to be shipped off with a bunch of other Asian folks as part of a type of slave trade. Martin decides to break his rules and help out the girl which inevitably makes him a target as well.
I can definitely see how fans fell in love with this. To it's defense It was unlke any action film that came out at the time. however it could have been made better. One thing I didn't like was that for. shu qi's character was for the most part a typical damsel in distress except for the fact she could hack into a computer. This is a prime example of what the female actresses today hate to get as a film role. the music was my only problem with the film it was either really corny or just sucked. although some of the soundtracks were aight but mostly sucked.
On a positive note. Jason staham does a really excellent job here as he has with the other two films. The fluidity, suaveness and unpredictability Staham brings in his creation of this character frank martin is a testament to his acting abilities in action films. He is a real standout among the action greats and he proves it here. it really was interesting to learn about frank's past here as I jumped into the second film of the franchise. small thing, but its different seeing him do his thing without his suit. just something I happened to notice. I will say making a sequel to this was a good move. the ending does leave you wanting more. the action is great here. Always so creative the fight scenes in these films.
Transporter is 2 1/2 out of 5 star film but I can tell it was a vehicle for statham. still however wouldn't recommend seeing this.
July 14, 2016
Frank Martin kicks ass
July 9, 2016
A good mindless action film
Jason statham kicks ass and he does do in style. Innovative fight scenes, enjoyable car chases and Stathams gruff voice makes this a very fun movie.
June 30, 2016
one of coolest movies of 2002
May 8, 2016
A great action movie, if you love chases watch this one. Critics gave 86% to Mad Max Fury Road because "it's a great chase movie"... and53% to this one. What a joke. THIS is a GREAT Chase movie. With a lot of story.
½ May 6, 2016
Starts well and with real attitude, then descends into the normal tough guy nonsense. Staple action man stuff with lots of fight scenes and car chases. Mercifully short.
May 2, 2016
Still such a fantastic action flick. Ridiculous, but great. Just like good ol fashioned 80s testosterone driven vehicles. It's too bad they had to reboot the series with such doodoo...
½ April 23, 2016
It's one of those movies that is so bad you have to keep watching. Absurd plot, bad acting and dialogue. Even the fight scenes, supposedly the redeeming feature, are ridiculous.
½ April 19, 2016
Not a bad action movie.
April 5, 2016
It still has its moments and in the list of both Besson and Statham movies: its one of the better ones.
February 28, 2016
I'm not entirely sure how The Transporter can get a quantifiable rating because no matter the grade, it wouldn't make any sense.

I struggle to give it a bad rating. The movie was too much fun, Jason Statham was stunningly charismatic, the action scenes and martial arts fights were so much fun to watch, and it was legitimately enjoyable to watch.

I can't reasonably give it a good grade either. Half the time the fun came from trying to figure out how things made any sense. How did she get into the car if she's still tied to the chair? How did the guy get on the side of the truck in that small timeframe when his car had no window to get him in a position to do that? Why is a man who lives a solitary life and likes it quiet conveniently have TWO scuba kits ready and waiting? And probably the biggest of all was what set off the entire sequence of events: the car bomb. That was just brain-meltingly dumb. They already have it ready to go to him before they even check the bag so he was set-up for it anyway, and if they had someone follow him to get a call to blow him up if it turns out he lied, why would they blow it up when he's not in the car? It was terrible, terrible, terrible.

And I rightly can't give it an average grade because the movie was decidedly not average. There's absolutely no reason to give it a grade of average just because highs and lows cancel each other out. Even the lows were highs because they just made me question what the hell the writer was doing.

But any movie that I want to watch again immediately after watching it can't be a bad movie.
January 29, 2016
Brilliant film good plot, Statham does what he does best with some great action scenes, and that's all this film is good for.