True Grit Reviews

• Jan 07, 2021

True Grit is an awesome Western movie about revenge with thrilling performances and interesting characters. Its story, while simplistic, is a very engaging one nonetheless, as it manages to feel epic without much to work off of.

• Dec 05, 2020

A corny as they come western but Kim Darby plays a great role as a young woman seeking the apprehension of her father's killer. Watch to the end and get the rewards.

• Nov 17, 2020

'True Grit' - Rating: 4/5 - 8/10

'True Grit' - Rating: 4/5 - 8/10

• Sep 18, 2020

One of John Wayne's best.

One of John Wayne's best.

• Jul 17, 2020

Surprisingly Ford fit his role nicely, but for the most part the actors seem miscast to me, and the changes from the book were unwelcome.

• Jun 28, 2020

I like many westerns, but something was off about this film that kept me from getting into the story. Overacted.

• Jun 21, 2020

This is one of my favorite westerns and is my favorite John Wayne movie, he delivers a very solid performance along with a great story of a girl played very well by Kim Darby who wants revenge for her father's death. This movie provides you with all of the western classics feels that you expect and has some great gunfights, paired with a great script and the king of westerns himself John Wayne who is pretty good, he always ends up playing himself in every movie, but his character was written pretty well and it made me care about him, he also had good chemistry with Kim Darby which was essential to the plot and they feel like true friends with an emotional bond and witty banter, Darby's character was a great role model for young women, she was strong, smart, and independent, another well-written character. I thought that Glen Campbell gave a decent performance, he was suave and felt young and inexperienced, but I liked his character quite a bit. The adventure takes the whole first act to get going, but it is very entertaining when it does. This is a great western with mostly good performances all around, a great script, great music, great action, amazing plot, investing story, and great characters, it drags a bit in the first act and Wayne could've gotten more into character in my opinion, but it is a solid western movie that I would definitely consider to be a classic.

• Feb 26, 2020

John Wayne manages to fulfill a much less prototypical Duke character, with vices galore without compromising his charisma, but doesn't quite escape completely, still wearing a pressed, cleaned shirt throughout. Still, this remains one of the better examples of the ever-popular leading man's output. (3.5/5)

• Jan 25, 2020

John Wayne's Best Performance

John Wayne's Best Performance

• Jan 21, 2020

GREAT MOVIE, "True Grit"(1969), that I recommend you see this movie! (I have watched this movie, "True Grit"(1969), many times on a TV.) (I wrote these comments at 1:46pm(CT) on Tuesday January 21, 2020.)