The Virgin Suicides Reviews

• Jul 10, 2021

a great classic, really great story and direction

a great classic, really great story and direction

• May 07, 2021

Hard to many other debut features as superb as this haunting film by Sofia Coppola.

• Feb 17, 2021

Although the premise of 'The Virgin Suicides' is disturbing, the film itself is not, because it doesn't take itself too seriously despite the subject matter. However, I felt unsatisfied by the end, because I guess I was hoping for more context...a sensible explanation. But maybe that's the whole point of the film?

• Feb 16, 2021

Sofia Coppola directed this movie with some very beautiful shots really mesmerizing, the plot although a bit Hollywood it serves as a message of teenagehood that is true today as it was during the time of the movie and before.

• Dec 30, 2020

I rate this for being weird and unique but still entertaining whilst daring to inject humour into such a morbid topic. There's a bit of everything in this film. Whilst it's about a serious topic I can't take the film seriously and I'm not sure I'm even meant to. Either way, I enjoyed it whilst it lasted.

• Dec 24, 2020

I don't understand why so many gave this such a high rating. Not that it's a bad film, just not exceptional. Just a coming of age film witb a quirky twist. One thing for sure, if the girls were imprisoned like that today, child services would make a visit. What are the chances of an entire family, sans the mom and dad, comitting suicide? Hell, i was depressed just watching them cooked up all day, never mind living like that. Life is can get depressing enough, why subject yourself to something like this in a film. Meh ...

• Aug 03, 2020

too slow and strange for me,but I could see how people like it

too slow and strange for me,but I could see how people like it

• Jul 19, 2020

This movie looks great and was a starmaker, but I didn't like it when it first came out and there's so much I dislike now. First: if the parents are so vanilla and bland, why did they name a daughter "Lux?" It sounds like they wanted boys to take a ride in their daughter. How did the parents not hear anyone running around in their house? This film is showy -- it looks great! The substance is really lacking: we spend a lot of time listening to the boys but none learning of their individual secrets. We never learn squat about the parents.

• Jun 30, 2020

Strange film. Like a teenage dream. My reading of it is that the parents were psychopaths and the girls too. Psychopaths are mostly happy when they kill. Which is somewhat what happened.

• Apr 05, 2020