Wall Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wall Street Reviews

January 8, 2017
Very interesting. Entertaining. A good movie to relax and watch people stabbing each other in the back.
December 26, 2016
With Michael Douglas in a superb and unforgettable performance as the voracious shark Gordon Gekko, this is an excellent film that relies on an elegant dialogue to tell us a fascinating story about man's greedy desire to score more and more in the stock market game of power.
November 6, 2016
My favorite movie directed by Oliver Stone.
Wall Street bleeds with class and
shows you the down side of taking short cuts in life.
½ September 17, 2016
Phenomenal and outstanding, Michael Douglas and Charlie Sheen are amazing in this film. Great acting and story
½ August 3, 2016
Wall Street manages to have great acting and a good look on Wall Street in the 80s, as how corporate greed is good.
July 19, 2016
Oliver Stone's dense portrait of Wall Street broking proves little has changed in the ways of the yuppie scum since its release in the 1980s.
July 18, 2016
Despite the heady nature of this movie, I still followed it and was invested in every scene. Oliver Stone's genius for directing is on full display here.
July 9, 2016
Good movie a bit boring in parts but I liked the cast!
June 17, 2016
It could be more complex but at least is enternaining with outstanding Douglas's performance.
May 30, 2016
One of my favorite movies.
½ March 14, 2016
a good movie on the good and bad of the stock market and corperate greed.
February 24, 2016
4/5 Stars. Kind of the tamer, more socially-critical version of Wolf of Wall Street. Made in 1987, Wall Street is the story of a young man played by Charlie Sheen who is trying to make his way up in the world of stock-brokering when he finally gets his chance to meet the legend himself, Gordon Gekko, played by Michael Douglas. Sheen gives Gekko a tip he got about a company via his father and the rest goes from there. Sheen is awarded with all the fancy crap money can buy, and learns how to be unscrupulous from his mentor, whom Douglas plays almost as expertly as DiCaprio played Jordan Belfort (Douglas has more of a reserved elderly rage, compared to DiCaprio's manic viciousness). Eventually, things go beyond Sheen's control and it starts to blow up in his face, but I'll leave spoilers out of this. Sheen is perfect as the young up-and-comer, and again, Douglas is just superb at his role as the heartless Wall Street psychopath. Daryl Hannah also shows up as the love interest, but she's completely overshadowed by the bromance onscreen; Martin Sheen performs well as Charlie Sheen's father. Overall, a nice addition to set alongside Wolf and American Psycho in their depictions of the excess that has led to our current day and age.
February 15, 2016
Is a little bit hard to movies about financial market, but this one of the best movie of the gender. Im already watched this movie 7 times , and I like so much...
½ February 11, 2016
Wall Street is the big daddy of all "Wall Street" films. It has inspired many careers in the securities industry, as well as sequels and copycat films.

I am not a fan of Oliver Stone, but this film is well acted, has a great screenplay and protagonists, including the great Gordan Gekko villain. Subsequent attempts to capitalize on this film's success have failed miserably, with the exception of Wolf Of Wall Street.
December 16, 2015
Good plot. Minor characters suck
December 10, 2015
A better lead actor to go alongside a great performance by Michael Douglas would have helped propel this movie into something great. I understand Charlie Sheen was a popular young actor in the 1980's but honestly, he is just not that good and frankly is poor in this movie. The only thing that makes this movie worth watching is Michael Douglas' portrayal of Wall Street mogul Gordon Gecko, a cutthroat vicious businessman who embodies everything the "blue collar working man" hates. A somewhat good concept, but overall a film you should not go out of your way to see.
December 8, 2015
85%
Saw this on 8/12/15
A lesser entry as far as Oliver Stone filmography is concerned, but still the film has evolved to be an archetype for many films about wall street or just crime itself and many of these films simply copy it's ending. Oliver Stone directs this film also as a tribute to his stock broker father and that love can be seen in the electrifying scenes between real life father and son Martin and Charlie Sheen who also play father and son here. The film has effective acting from Michael Douglas, Charlie Sheen and Martin Sheen. One of the other important things about the film is that anyone can follow it, you are not bored by the stock market here and Stone presents it in an easily accessible manner. However, Daryl Hannah gives a poor performance and much to the irritation she looks like a whore in this film.
November 25, 2015
I am not a fan of Oliver Stone. While he has made films I like, for the most part I find him to be a crude, didactic storyteller who tells everything is really broad, loud strokes. "Wall Street" is not a film I actively dislike, but I don't find a lot to like. It's an overly simple morality tale that telescopes every plot development and constantly pulls it's subtext right to the surface with crude visual metaphors.
½ October 4, 2015
My expectations may have been a bit too high here, as I just couldn't find much enjoyment in this movie about stocks.
September 13, 2015
Una de las esenciales de Oliver Stone en el que muestra el lado oscuro,sin etica del mercado accionario.A destacar Michael Douglas y un joven Charlie Sheen pre-Two and a half men