Wall Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wall Street Reviews

March 21, 2017
I would give this a shot just because of the actors in it.
½ March 18, 2017
"Wall street power and greed" is a film about the money and the degradation it brings, with an always pessimistic view of money, Oliver Stone tries to show us the capacity of corruption of the human being in exchange for his materialism , Except that Stone is extremely clichéd and caricature in his message. With a well-worked script that subtly shows the change of the secondary characters due to the enrichment of our protagonist, and leaves loose points in its plot by ignoring the illicit enrichment without showing how the money was washed or something of the kind, anyway The story of Bud Fox (Charlie Sheen), an ambitious stockbroker in the 1980s who engages in a scheme of speculation and illegal information gathering for self-enrichment and his cupbearer Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas). The moral of the film is precisely to talk about the degradation and well of materialism, and Oliver Stone who is known for making documentaries of socialist character and for always his severe criticisms of capitalism, his film can be caricato and loaded with ideology, Stone is a great director and managed to get his message across, albeit weak. Technically, film is good, has a spectacular montage and a great mix of sound, a color palette with grayer tones, typical of the 80s and a soundtrack full of Jazz that composes well the scenes. In terms of performances we have no highlights , All fulfill their function and finished, we do not have three-dimensional performances, exaggerated and not very contained, but worth a compliment to Martin Sheen who is great as a supporting. At the end of the day we have a great movie, which fulfills its role, and is closer to impress than to disappoint.
March 7, 2017
Wall Street serves primarily as a proof that even great filmmakers like Oliver Stone can stumble from time to time, delivering a boring and formulaic financial thriller with weak character development.
February 23, 2017
It's a morality tale for a very basic moral, but the movie does it so well, you forget about that. Charlie Sheen delivers what is probably his best performance (he delivers in the scene of his arrest). Martin Sheen gives a great performance as a down to earth, morally upright, and unpolished father. The scene in the elevator is tense. Michael Douglas captures a deserved Best Actor Oscar for his performance as a quick talking, ruthless, entrepreneur. His voice, tone, piercing eyes, and physicality are perfect for the role he put so much work in to. The movie could have been a bit faster paced and the sound track could have had less bad eighties music, but overall this is an entertaining movie with great performances and memorable scenes. Wall Street, for lack of a better title, is good.
February 1, 2017
2/1/2017: A good movie with an excellent cast.
January 8, 2017
Very interesting. Entertaining. A good movie to relax and watch people stabbing each other in the back.
December 26, 2016
With Michael Douglas in a superb and unforgettable performance as the voracious shark Gordon Gekko, this is an excellent film that relies on an elegant dialogue to tell us a fascinating story about man's greedy desire to score more and more in the stock market game of power.
November 6, 2016
My favorite movie directed by Oliver Stone.
Wall Street bleeds with class and
shows you the down side of taking short cuts in life.
½ September 17, 2016
Phenomenal and outstanding, Michael Douglas and Charlie Sheen are amazing in this film. Great acting and story
½ August 3, 2016
Wall Street manages to have great acting and a good look on Wall Street in the 80s, as how corporate greed is good.
July 19, 2016
Oliver Stone's dense portrait of Wall Street broking proves little has changed in the ways of the yuppie scum since its release in the 1980s.
July 18, 2016
Despite the heady nature of this movie, I still followed it and was invested in every scene. Oliver Stone's genius for directing is on full display here.
July 9, 2016
Good movie a bit boring in parts but I liked the cast!
June 17, 2016
It could be more complex but at least is enternaining with outstanding Douglas's performance.
May 30, 2016
One of my favorite movies.
½ March 14, 2016
a good movie on the good and bad of the stock market and corperate greed.
February 24, 2016
4/5 Stars. Kind of the tamer, more socially-critical version of Wolf of Wall Street. Made in 1987, Wall Street is the story of a young man played by Charlie Sheen who is trying to make his way up in the world of stock-brokering when he finally gets his chance to meet the legend himself, Gordon Gekko, played by Michael Douglas. Sheen gives Gekko a tip he got about a company via his father and the rest goes from there. Sheen is awarded with all the fancy crap money can buy, and learns how to be unscrupulous from his mentor, whom Douglas plays almost as expertly as DiCaprio played Jordan Belfort (Douglas has more of a reserved elderly rage, compared to DiCaprio's manic viciousness). Eventually, things go beyond Sheen's control and it starts to blow up in his face, but I'll leave spoilers out of this. Sheen is perfect as the young up-and-comer, and again, Douglas is just superb at his role as the heartless Wall Street psychopath. Daryl Hannah also shows up as the love interest, but she's completely overshadowed by the bromance onscreen; Martin Sheen performs well as Charlie Sheen's father. Overall, a nice addition to set alongside Wolf and American Psycho in their depictions of the excess that has led to our current day and age.
February 15, 2016
Is a little bit hard to movies about financial market, but this one of the best movie of the gender. I´m already watched this movie 7 times , and I like so much...
½ February 11, 2016
Wall Street is the big daddy of all "Wall Street" films. It has inspired many careers in the securities industry, as well as sequels and copycat films.

I am not a fan of Oliver Stone, but this film is well acted, has a great screenplay and protagonists, including the great Gordan Gekko villain. Subsequent attempts to capitalize on this film's success have failed miserably, with the exception of Wolf Of Wall Street.
December 16, 2015