West Side Story Reviews

• 5d ago

A classic Romeo and Juliet Masterpiece that brings the Broadway musical to life as one of the greatest films in existence.

• Oct 24, 2019

It is actually less Shakespearian than I anticipaded, but exactly as stagey and unreal. What I mean is that I would not recomend it to a student who desperatly needs to get to now the plot of "Romeo and Juliet" for their English classes, but to everyone else, why not?

• Oct 22, 2019

Although most of the choreography is impressive, and there is some decent acting and singing here and there, the rest of West Side Story falls completely flat with it's generic characters, obnoxious performances, and a massive feeling of uneven and inconsistency covering the whole thing.

• Oct 03, 2019

With "America", they pull off the impossible: a vibrant musical feat, that adeptly captures the immigrant sentiment without losing its sense of fun. That mixture really represents the whole film well. The script is smart and caring (and effectively sad), the music is astounding (other than the too-often boring slow romance songs), and Robbins and Wise's direction is beautiful and artful. The cast isn't great (some mediocre singing, Wood as Puerto Rican), but they hardly distract from the spectacle.

• Sep 29, 2019

My all time favourite musical. An essential classic for everyone.

My all time favourite musical. An essential classic for everyone.

• Sep 28, 2019

No wonder it won Best Picture at the 1962 Academy Awards. "West Side Story" is a MUST-SEE movie. Don't have anything else better to do? Watch "West Side Story". Need a good movie to watch or be inspired by? "West Side Story". The way this movie was carefully constructed is pure genius. Leonard Bernstein & Stephen Sondheim's music and lyrics play a big role in the perfectness of this film. The cast, which stars Natalie Wood, Richard Beymer & Rita Moreno as Maria, Tony & Anita respectively, are marvelous and truly one of the best movie ensembles in cinematic history. The plot is Romeo & Juliet-inspired and really hits it right into the ballpark. If musicals are your thing and/or you love a great film, watch "West Side Story"!

• Sep 15, 2019

West Side Story has amazing sets, songs, and is probably one of my favorite musicals of all time.

• Aug 11, 2019

This is an already good movie I don't know why they are remaking this movie .

This is an already good movie I don't know why they are remaking this movie .

• Aug 08, 2019

A true musical classic based on a Romeo and Juliet pretense in America.

A true musical classic based on a Romeo and Juliet pretense in America.

• Aug 01, 2019

A groundbreaking classic on its own right.

A groundbreaking classic on its own right.