White House Down - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

White House Down Reviews

May 14, 2018
Above average dumb action movie. Plenty going on and it never lingers long enough for the stupidity to get in the way. The humour doesn't take it to classic buddy film levels, but it tries.
½ May 11, 2018
A movie with Roland Emerichs DNA oozing from every pore. Corny, action packed, cliche ridden, over-the-top but always entertaining. Comes mighty close to shattering your suspension of disbelief at times but gets away with it due the pace and entertainment factor.
½ May 10, 2018
Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx lead an all star cast in a Roland Emmerich film! An intense and thrilling action movie! 3.5/4
May 8, 2018
Sorry but I don't get all of the technical critique of this movie when it's supposed to be pure entertainment. That's exactly what it's supposed to be. Some critics enjoy completely dissecting every aspect of a movie, but for the average viewer, we're just looking for an enjoyable ride. Not every movie has to be realistic, not does it has to have superb acting. Leave that for the highbrow drama that graces the Oscars. Some movies are meant to simply entertain us with a plot that has a clear protagonist, a loathsome antagonist to root against, and an ending that wraps it all up in an action-packed bow. For this one, I say ignore the critics and enjoy the ride.
½ April 12, 2018
for a high-minded, almost political premise of a blockbuster set in the white house, what could have been an 'action' film becomes literally a mindless massacre of extras, who are horribly acted ("what are you doing!?). worse, foxx is unconvincing as the most powerful man in the world, both he and tatum act and talk like black street hooligans.
March 26, 2018
Overall, good, taut action, but too formulaic. Acting wise, Channing Tatum is great, but Jamie Farr is just not up to this kind of lead role. The more I see him , the more I'm convinced Ray was a fluke.
½ March 5, 2018
This is a fun to watch nail-biter that leaves you on the edge of your seat. Awesome action and great special effects make the movie excellent.
March 3, 2018
completely unrealistic romp but watchable
½ February 1, 2018
It's a Roland Emmerich film. What did you expect, *fewer* explosions?
January 10, 2018
Far fetched action but not a bad film. The storyline was OK but I did say "as if" a lot lol.
January 3, 2018
Awesome. Just awesome. Reminds me of Die Hard 1. Tatum isn't bad, but Chris Pine would've been better maybe.
½ December 8, 2017
Fantastic, action packed movie. Sure, it has a couple scenes which could do with a little attention but overall a wonderful movie. Would highly recommend watching this.
November 27, 2017
'Olympus Has Fallen' is marginally better than this film, and OIF is a terrible movie. Draw from that what you will. Falls into the 'this is so bad I'll spend the last 20mins wondering if actually it's a joke' category.
November 13, 2017
As an action movie, it is a 2.5 stars. Pure Roland Emmerich: catastrophe, heroes, lots of movement, and touches of humour. Why 2 stars then? Because director treats spectators too much as idiots. Harrison Ford being a heroe was difficult to believe, but we can accept; Jamie Foxx with a bazooka is too much. Heroes as nice, wonderful and naive are difficult to believe since 90s; some jokes are so difficult to believe that they make you remember it is just a bad movie; there are too much historical data about president that is there just to be part of the environment; and the villains are parodical. It is a good movie to see when you do not want to use brain, but you can not take it serious.
November 7, 2017
Predictable, but enjoyable
October 7, 2017
Cheap movie. It's tolerable but I definitely wouldn't watch it again. It also turned me off with its underlying political agenda. The basic premise is that white conservatives take over the White House, kill the black president, and wipe out the Middle East and everyone in it (or at least they attempted to).
½ October 6, 2017
I had heard this film was a dud and I made the mistake of watching it, this is a poor action film. Foxx is poorly miscast and is one of the weak points of the film but the director is the biggest problem, the action scenes are uninspired to say the least. The story is problematic and very weak, I'm amazed how much money they threw at this film. The actors obviously were paid well because the other aspects of the production don't fare as well. Olympus has Fallen stole this films concept and came out well before this film, at least it had the action scenes at the forefront. I didn't have high expectations but I hoped there might be some redeemable quality here. 06-10-2017.
½ October 2, 2017
It's Independence Day without the aliens and a president partial to Air Jordans.
½ September 10, 2017
just a horrible movie. A lot of unrealistic situations, bad lines, and not that entertaining.
September 1, 2017
Not a "good" movie; predictable and familiar and dumb...but quite of bit of fun if you have no grudge against Channing Tatum or Jamie Foxx and/or are in the right state of mind.