White House Down - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

White House Down Reviews

January 13, 2017
Funny action movie! Just perfect!
January 12, 2017
i like it it was actually a good
½ January 10, 2017
Like the scenes and the plot of the film The Rock Michael Bay's, only turned to the period of now imagining how it could happen a similar incident
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 29, 2016
The best Die Hard movie in the last 20 years.
December 18, 2016
Mi mancava da vedere questo film di Emmerich ed stato assolutamente una sorpresa.

Buono il ritmo, molto divertenti gli immancabili siparietti comici e assolutamente spassoso questo nuovo accanimento del registra contro la povera Casa Bianca.

December 2, 2016
When you sit down to watch a movie like this you expect explosions, guns, cheesy one liners and losts of people shooting at each other. It's not a cinematic masterpiece because that's not the genre. This is your perfect action shoot em up movie.
½ October 25, 2016
A man trying to get into the secret service has an opportunity to get his daughter in to see the president. That's when all hell breaks loose.
October 24, 2016

Non mi sono piaciuti alcuni effetti speciali (molto posticci) ed alcune reazioni dei personaggi che ho trovato troppo inverosimili.
½ October 15, 2016
The most lame and preposterous set of circumstances ever. Yelling at the screen on a regular basis.
October 14, 2016
I thought it was a really good movie. Plenty of action, that's for sure!
October 9, 2016
this movie was really enjoyable and also one of my favorite movies of all time
October 8, 2016
It says something when you spend time of your life reviewing a movie that you loathed. Hated this so much it was worth that time. Hands down one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Not the funny kind of terrible movie where you watch it to make fun of it (love those). This is so bad it's not even laughable. An all around terrible story with a terrible delivery. All flash and effects. I hated myself for spending money on this.
½ October 5, 2016
Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx lead an all star cast in a Roland Emmerich film!
October 1, 2016
Definitely one of my favorite films! I've seen it about 30 times & I enjoy it each time! Lots of great action sequences! Props the everyone involved in the making of this for their hard work!
September 28, 2016
Channing and Jamie are really good together in this movie. Love the comedy mixed with action.
September 27, 2016
You have yourself a pretty basic, clich (C) filled movie. What Olympus Has Fallen achieved just 3 months prior to the release of WHD was just far more gritty, intense and overall more believable.
½ September 18, 2016
Well this film wasn't the best at all. It had great action which looked amazing and a decent cast but the story was weak and didn't keep my interested. I wasn't bothered what happened throughout.
September 15, 2016
White House Down(2013)
Starring: Channnig Tatum,Jamie Fox,Maggie Gylenhal,Jason Clarke,Richard Jenkins,James Woods,Joey King,Nicholas Wright,Jimmi Simpson,and Michael Murphey
Directed By:Roland Emmerich
Olympus has fallen 2,oh no wait that's not what this is an entirely different titled movie with the same plot,wow that's kind of boring even for an action film.
Channing Tatum plays Casey a want to be security agent for the white house to protect the president who of course doesn't get the job. He lies to his daughter,of course while there is a plot to take over the white house.The white house gets blown up by tons of CGI explosions,and taken over by someone from special defense. Casey while trying to rescue his daughter meets up with the president to team up and take back the white house.
What an overloaded poorly shot special effect action mess. This was a movie that wasted half of my time for unknown reason probably to make it longer and more boring then it already was going to be in the later half of the film. I was feeling so bored that I just wanted to take my blanket and pillow and sleep on the couch. There was nothing new to the table for this movie that was suppose to be mindless fun to be fun. It just came off as lazy,stupid and boring.
The acting is good for the most part,I believe it's the only logical reason to see this movie. The acting from our two main leads is what would ultimately drive anyone to seeing this garbage because they do play off each other quite well in this piece trash.The rest of the actors there just sleepwalking in their roles and look completely bored or stupid.
With all the problems I have it may be unoriginal,boring,and stupid with poor camera shots and CGI but the acting of our two main makes it at least a little bit more commendable. I give White House Down a two out of five.
½ August 17, 2016
It's over bloated, stupid, yet entertaining. If Emmerich has gotten bored of blowing up the White House, then I guess he wanted to make it an action playhouse.