White Noise - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

White Noise Reviews

March 15, 2017
I love Michael Keaton but this was painful.
February 17, 2017
It's should've been better than this
January 3, 2017
Eh. I loved it tbh. I usually only watch paranormal scary movies and don't really care for gore and scares for the sake of it so I it was my kind of movie. But there were a lot of questions I had after watching it....like why did Sarah take drugs after seeing herself on the EVP Tv. Like that entire hotel scene was very confusing. I didn't understand why he was drugging her at a hotel. Other than that I really liked the movie.
½ July 31, 2016
Although it has an original and creepy premise it never quite builds into anything memorable or more than a few jump scares (which are not all that scary either).
½ February 29, 2016
I enjoyed this film, Michael Keaton did a good job in this suspense/thriller that is better then what others have said it to be.
½ February 17, 2016
behind all the trashy cgi pretty decent story
January 23, 2016
I saw this in the cinema and thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm going against popular opinion on this one for sure!
October 18, 2015
An okay supernatural thriller with a compelling story on a frequent topic, that'd appeared on paranormal shows ("Ghosts Hunters" and "Ghost Adventures"), turns into a cheesy, horror genre weapon and a center of the debate on whether the EVPs that are heard are credible or not (not including the ones that were voiced by the film's cast). Despite the film supposed to be compelling, its line stays flat like a ghost stays silent with some jumps on the line. (B-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ October 11, 2015
I don't know why critics have torn to pieces this picture. It gives some scares and becomes really creepy from the middle to the end.
October 6, 2015
Trailer was scarier.
September 14, 2015
Didn't like the ending. Seemed not to fit the plot.
½ August 10, 2015
As the movie goes on you gradually get your WATCHING a lot of white noise and nothing more.
June 23, 2015
White Noise is a clever premise that gets dumber and dumber and dumber. Michael Keaton is always likable, but his performance here stinks.
½ June 3, 2015
Though it's premise is intriguing, as well as having some creepy moments and a solid performance by Michael Keaton. White noise fails to be wholly satisfying and coherent, with a vapid face and terrible conclusion.
April 17, 2015
I found it incredibly boring. That's about all I can say. There were some creepy scenes and some may get some scares, but overall....boring.
April 17, 2015
½ April 5, 2015
Halfway through the theme had a head on collision and from then onwards it's a dumb surreal ghost story
½ March 13, 2015
It's good to see Keaton take on a new genre of film, unfortunately the performance he admittedly "phoned in" doesn't help the weak script take off in the direction it could have went under a better script/screenplay. Avoid unless routine PG-13 horrors are your thing.
December 30, 2014
I found this movie really pointless...
I love Keaton but this movie was a bad attempt at horror.
The movie is about a widower who contacts dead people or spirits through radio noise...

It's all just a bunch of black and white nonsense...
It's like your TV going out in the old days and seeing faces in it.

He soon realizes some of these spirtis are evil and want out.
He spends all his time trying to connect with his wife and he hears her voice and sees images of her.

It really is a mess of a movie...