White Sands - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

White Sands Reviews

April 6, 2015
With this star power we get this movie??????
½ March 8, 2015
Great work by Willem Dafoe
½ August 26, 2014
Good movie, great cast
April 26, 2014
One of the top crime thrillers made in 90's - no doubt.
Super performance by all leading characters. A must see.
½ August 15, 2013
Too slowly paced and convoluted for my tastes.
June 12, 2012
I thought this movie was truly awesome
May 13, 2012
it's a good movie about rogue CIA and FBI agents battling. and the poor local cop caught in the middle.
April 18, 2012
This movie was AWESOME!
March 1, 2012
Funny to see a film and realize how YOUNG all the actors look like! Not a bad film but a bit predictable...
February 29, 2012
Fred Thompson and White Sands? I want tl see this.
November 13, 2011
A good cast in White Sands w/ Willem Dafoe, Mickey Rourke & Samuel L Jackson. Even Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio is sexy when more often then not I find her annoying. A nifty little neo noir that more often then not has had a hard time finding an audience. Not as exceptional as something like Blood Simple but hardly deserves being as neglected as it is. It may be pretty forgettable after you watch it (I had seen it back in 92 & remember nothing about it) it does make for a good time passer. It could have stood to be a little slicker, a little tighter, the dialogue a little crisper the weight of the cast & the double crosses does make it interesting. There's enough in its parts not to make you sorry that you invested your time. It may not be a T bone but sometimes chicken fried streak is just as satisfying
October 11, 2011
sweet. it's a drama/mystery/thriller film of all time. White Sands is the best mystery film of the year. WILLEM DAFOE WAS A GREAT ACTOR. Stephen King said "White Sands" is the best thriller film of the year. White Sands, a motion picture, starring Willem Dafoe, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio and Mickey Rourke. White Sands from Warner Bros. Pictures and Morgan Creek, Rated R (Restricted), Under 17 not admitted without parent or adult guardian for violence, language and some sensuality.
½ July 27, 2011
drama/mystery/thriller film
½ July 13, 2011
Good murder mystery movie.
April 26, 2011
White Sands is a decent little thriller put together and helmed by Roger Donaldson. (The Recruit, 13 Days) it's not one of his best, but nonetheless is an entertaining hour and a half of cinema. Packed with action, and Donaldson's signature plot twists, White Sands will appeal to some hardcore action junkies and fans of Donaldson himself, like me. Suspenseful, a bit confusing, but ultimately a rather clever and thrilling piece of craftmanship.
Willem Dafoe does a wonderful job throughout. Samuel L. Jackson is great. Mickey Rourke is always a blast to watch.
April 14, 2011
November 14, 2010
hi cliff here well looks like good flick
November 2, 2010
½ October 3, 2010
it started off really well...with a great first shot (a long shot of a sherrif car going like the clappers in a desert) and a great vibe....but it became decidedly average. Not really a fan of noir though.
½ September 30, 2010
When this film opens up with the car streaming through the desert, and with the way it was shot, it reminded me of Thelma And Louise. In fact i think they used the same gorge. The cinematography is superb, especially in the desert scenes. The score is great as well, and really sets the tone of the film. The other strong point of this film is the performances. Mickey Rourke even back then was a solid actor, and clearly talented. But underrated Willem Dafoe really stands out in this film as the sheriff. He was perfect for this character in many ways. Story wise, it starts off really strong and promising, and then my interest for some reason faded in the second half. There ended up being too much happening, to me it seems like the writer started writing the screenplay without knowing the ending. But overall it is worth watching.