Reviews

• Sep 19, 2019

This film relies too heavily on gender stereotypes, however, the female lead plays a likable and intelligent woman. There are a few funny scenes. I used this movie to pick up some Mandarin vocabulary and to practice listening/reading comprehension.

• Mar 31, 2018

2018-4-3 I didn't watch this again. Guess nobody would ;P Just found that you cannot type Chinese here, so came fixing the review I wrote 2 days ago 2018-4-1 I didn't know Zhou Xun would do this kind of movie XD

• Mar 27, 2016

It's all fun until getting serious... just like women.

It's all fun until getting serious... just like women.

• Sep 21, 2015

Rom-com with storyline like this have been done till death, which I completely agree. But it does takes one who truly understand the Asian culture to see how this is relevant to the Asian market and it's culture. While many calls it stereotyping, the movie is inspired by the "Everyone loves tender women" where every men dreams of having a hot girly girl girlfriend. While Zhou Xun's tomboyish performance doesn't suit her as much, her always husky, soft yet strong-will voice in narration successfully delivered all the hope and pain. And if you appreciate art and know of JuMing the sculptor, it will at least change your perception and angle to the movie.

• Jul 12, 2015

Derivative but cute and funny =)

Derivative but cute and funny =)

• Jan 01, 2015

mainland version of "Love in the Buff"

mainland version of "Love in the Buff"