Wonder Wheel Reviews

• 6d ago

A great performance by Winslet. Fantastic colors by Vittorio Storaro.

A great performance by Winslet. Fantastic colors by Vittorio Storaro.

• Feb 21, 2020

Very beautiful movie but the monologues often felt artificial and I felt like I was in a theatre watching a melodramatic play. Also the main character was quite depressing and unpleasant figure and when you experienced everything through her all you felt during the film was anxiety. You just hoped that somehow that woman could find happiness. Unpleasant main character and feeling anxious aren't, of course, artistical flaws, although they do make you to have emotionally some unpleasant moments in your life.

• Jan 20, 2020

You realize about an hour into the movie this isn't the type of story where they tie up all the little loose ends for you. It's more like a Broadway play where you get a glimpse of their lives and watch as one central conflict plays out. It's a little bit like Great Gatsby in that regard. I enjoyed it.

• Jan 04, 2020

This movie had some great actors and they played the parts well. The overall overcast of urgency for a family life going to hell coupled with a hyperactivity made me so nervous, it ruined the movie!

• Sep 05, 2019

Interesting and entertaining tragedy. I would not say that I am a Woody Allen fan, but this one was pretty good. Very good acting by the four leading cast members, especially Kate Winslet. I have recently also seen Allens new movie "A Rainy Day in New York", but at this time it is not possible to comment on that movie yet.

• Jul 27, 2019

The ratings here on RT 🍅 and IMDB make no sense to me. This was like being at a Broadway play. Old school production, excellent performances from a top drawer cast, and a good sense of humour as well. Excellent movie.

• Jul 05, 2019

Feels like the same old tricks of Allen but just in such an unispired way

Feels like the same old tricks of Allen but just in such an unispired way

• May 18, 2019

Um ótimo filme. bem fiel ao estilo que Allen deixou como marca. alà (C)m de um roteiro já manjado, como pontos altos temos a sensacional fotografia e a simplicidade de uma história, porà (C)m contada de forma bem evoluída. quanto ao tema, acredito que o filme fala muito da temática da sedução, isto à (C), aquela que "nos tira de nosso próprio caminho". se olharmos cada um dos personagens passa por isso e fica claro principalmente na cena final, quando o garoto não resiste a sua grande vontade de deixar tudo em chamas. Recomendo!

• May 11, 2019

Seemingly great cast and setting. This movie requires a map as all the characters move in different directions causing confusion and crisis. Would probably be better on the stage vice film.

• Mar 02, 2019

Never see a Movie in others eyes. See it you will change your mind for sure..its worth watching and your time.