Alien Worlds: 4-Part Docuseries Reviews

• Jun 07, 2021

'Alien Worlds' is an entertaining and thought-provoking series. The CGI is realistic and the amount of detail is impressive. However, the episodes felt a bit short, and only a few species were exhibited in each one. To my mind, it would be a better idea to dedicate each season to solely one planet, so that we can see more of the world-building, since that's what brought me to watch the show in the first place.

• Mar 14, 2021

I confess, I had pretty high hopes when I found out about this show. You see, I am pretty interested in accurate world-building and the principles that it is based on, so I hoped to gain some original, deeply grounded insight on that matter from the perspective of details from actual science. What I got instead was science-fiction speculation based only loosely on the knowledge of the researchers involved. Do not get me wrong – world-building ideas are still there, but non of them revolutionary, nothing that, let us say, the team behind Cameron's "Avatar" did not do years before. So "Alien Worlds" can be seen as engaging, but, in my opinion, falls flat of the scope of its ambitions – or at least of what it could be. CGI is very fine and all, but it could have been complemented by narration that could have been much more thought-trough.

• Feb 07, 2021

Ha ha that was dumb just mindless

Ha ha that was dumb just mindless

• Jan 10, 2021

A speculative alien-nature-doc is the best way to describe this, though it feels like it doesn't have enough footage of these fascinating extra terrestrial life forms and too much humans repeating basic science knowledge.

• Dec 30, 2020

Pure science fantasy: which seems to be written to blur the lines between make-believe and scientific fact. Which is what makes it all very deceptive and sinister in intent and purpose. You can't have a fantasy pretend to be a factual documentary. You can only have one. It's basically a speculative fantasy series, with each episode representing what another planet may look like, each with it's own set of entirely made up environments, animals, and natural laws. From a purely fantasy point of view, the series is great. But the problem is that this series seem designed to place pure fantasy as if it were science fact. The worlds are all make believe: But they are presented as if they are real. The over all effect is a series that seems to be purely deceptive in its purpose, blurring the line between fact and fantasy. The wise will see it for what it is. But the foolish will be wowed by it's visual spectacle, and at some level believe it as a actual reality. And this is just wrong. we simply cannot blend fantasy and reality.

• Dec 13, 2020

The Good: you can fall asleep to it with the volume low. The Bad: repeats the same CGI 97 times an episode and you spend more time on earth than any Alien world.

• Dec 12, 2020

The show is intermittently fascinating when it visits alien planets. But we learn very little about the alien life and the show spends little time on them. Almost all of the time is spent giving us information about Earth instead, and very little of this information is relevant to the alien life it is supposed to help explain.

• Dec 12, 2020

the show is beautiful and very interesting ....it captures the beautiful essence of nature on another planet the graphics are exceptional... its a must see documentary I look forward to watching the entire season

• Dec 12, 2020

Excellent CGI, futuristic projection and entertaining. Looking for more.

Excellent CGI, futuristic projection and entertaining. Looking for more.

• Dec 11, 2020

Great CGI visualizations. A nice mix of speculation and imagination vs. real-world examples.