Girls: Season 6 Reviews

• May 09, 2020

I wasn't too thrilled with the ending of the season. I feel like it was lazily cut off for Adam and Hannah's character dynamic after investing so much between them it was weird for him to randomly get back into her life for a what felt like a few hours or a day - in the near end. I was upset she ended alone with no real tied up vision for her future.

• May 01, 2020

Went downhill fast from season 1 to the finish.

Went downhill fast from season 1 to the finish.

• Mar 29, 2020

This was the series in which Girls jumped the shark, and ate itself with tired, cliched, and narcissistic plots. Adam and Jessa making a movie of their situation is the type of bullshit dross Jessa would have relentlessly mocked Hannah about in the first five seasons.

• Aug 21, 2018

Nice way to finish off the show. Feel that the penultimate episode should have been the last. I have seen these girls naked more than enough now though, so was time to call it a day.

• Jul 26, 2017

Shallow, awkward, and one noted, I increasingly disliked most of the characters. What exactly is the point of a bunch of selfish people who increasingly hate, hurt, dismiss, and discard each other?

• May 06, 2017

Sharply written, genuinely moving, clever and funny, Girls is an addictive and perfecly cast show that highlights the efforts of the multi-talented Lena Dunham.

• Apr 16, 2017

After six years of being a cringe-worthy (and necessary) expose on millenials, Girls finally comes to its long-awaited end game for its final season: adulthood. Lena Dunham does indeed bestow on her character a massive ultimatum this year (a plot point she had envisioned near the series' beginning), and the results stick with the show's crass and frank nature, but the series often takes unexpected turns towards heartbreaking. Dunham wisely keeps the fates of many of the show's characters subjective, but she also gives us well-built moments for viewers that have stuck with the show since the beginning, and the series finale is subdued, and unforgettable in a way few could have predicted. Few TV shows received as polarizing views (or blind hatred) as Girls did for its entire half-a-decade run, but it also undoubtedly improved each year, and now in its complete state, it can be considered one of HBO's most intelligent and non-conformist series.

• Mar 05, 2017

Brutally real. Taking on bigger issues this season. Wish they would have done that sooner. Witty and sharp - more mature. Hilarious scenes that take full advantage of the dark humor to serious topics. Me and my boyfriend could ot stop laughing during episode 2 when Marni's husband went off the deep end, at the cottage. Tears were rolling down our cheeks. So funny.

• Feb 20, 2017

A brilliant ending (thus far) to a brilliant show. You will be missed Girls.

A brilliant ending (thus far) to a brilliant show. You will be missed Girls.