Heels: Season 1 Reviews

• 2d ago

Heels is a lot of Fun!!!

Heels is a lot of Fun!!!

• Oct 22, 2021

I'm a lifelong wrestling fan and REALLY wanted to like this show but I just can't get into it at all. I know Steven Amell is a huge wrestling fan and thought his matches in AEW were actually quite good but Heels...not so much. In a nutshell it's completely predictable and way to melodramatic with some of the scenes creeping into cringe territory. Honestly I was shocked by the positive reviews on RT and waited until after the last episode to come here and check them thinking they'd all be horrible and I wouldn't give the show a fair shake. Having said that I'm still willing to see if season 2 is any better assuming it gets one. Cheers!

• Oct 17, 2021

Too predictable. Literally every episode has been very. predictable.

Too predictable. Literally every episode has been very. predictable.

• Oct 11, 2021

Great show. Had moments of drama, comedy, revenge… Wasn't familiar with the cast but they all played their part. Please renew for a second season.

• Oct 11, 2021

Everyone involved brings a tremendous amount of respect to the wrestling world. It would have been far too easy to make this cheesy, hokey, and outlandish while taking an in depth dramatic view of the industry. Amell and the cast stayed true to Professional Wrestling roots and showed some tremendous behind the scenes workings that still left the show feeling real and raw and emotional. The over all character arcs for all involved is incredible and makes for some easy to be drawn in to dramatic moments. I can't wait to see what they do with future seasons. Starz has a 5 star classic on their hands with this show, and they'd be absolutely foolish to kickout at 1.

• Oct 11, 2021

Awesome Show about Wrestling that is more centrally focused on all that goes into putting on a Wrestling Event.They record the Trials and Tribulations of everyone from Investors to Owners , Bookers to Wrestlers ,Volunteer Crew to Aspiring Wrestlers. The only Complaint is anything less then 12 episodes a season i feel leaves untapped potential to not only cover more depth Characters but build up the other promotions stars as well. The would create an Authenticity behind the Territory Wars they've teased for season 2. I feel the Onus is on STARS Network to push this to the next level by giving an extra 4-8 episodes a season to tell what we all know will be a brief series as its on STARS afterall. I also feel if you want to help create a more meaningful Authenticity then working with a major Wrestling Tshirt Distributor to pump out Merchendise based on your Characters has to be a focus here

• Oct 09, 2021

Not being a huge wrestling fan I was unsure of this show. However, after just the first episode I was hooked. Layered performances all around. This is good drama (mixed with some good humor). Highly recommend.

• Oct 06, 2021

It was awesome so many things going on. I just want to see if Jack keeps his family and if Jack can save the DWL.

• Oct 01, 2021

I will start off by saying that I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed Heels. You do not have to watch wrestling to love this show because it is about so much more than that. It is about family, sacrifice, identity, regret, love and grief. It is about life and the obstacles we try so hard to avoid but can't seem to escape. It is REAL and it is so relatable. It is unpredictable but realistic, and even when it does not go how you wanted or expected, you keep rooting for the characters to succeed because we see ourselves in them. Amazing intro, beautiful script, fantastic cast, and everything you need for a great show. I am really glad I gave Heels a shot, and I am looking forward to watching more of it!

• Sep 23, 2021

This show has quickly become a household favorite. The story and characters are so well written. For hardcore wrestling fans and new pies alike, the stories will draw you in either way.