Punky Brewster: Season 1 Reviews

• 5d ago

Cute and nostalgic. Then the fun ends when you watch one of your child hood lobes stuffed with political crap. Lesbian marriages and lgbt fluff and woke fluff. Hollywood get your shit straight we don't want your crappy preaching on your tv. This may last another season until everyone turns off the channel when one of the kids get a sex change. Oh and btw were not fooled Freddy Prince and Punky white Irish Italian parents don't make two half Hawaiian and half black children were not idiots!!!

• 6d ago

I haven't seen the original series, so this to me is as new as it gets. I absolutely love it. It reminds me of what good old fashion family sitcom is like. We simply don't get sitcoms like this these days. Izzy is so adorable, and everybody has their own unique character and stories to play out... Honestly, what's there not to like? It's a little short though, just 10 episodes.

• Feb 26, 2021

I didn't see the original series so I don't know how it stacks up in terms of reboot but I think it did pretty good. It's certainly not without its flaws like an over usage of laughtrack and an unoriginal take on a what a sitcom family would be like. However it does have a few good moments when touching on serious subject like child abandonment and questioning your sexuality, it really did make me feel something. Their approach to these subjects brought an ease that I think fits perfectly with our idea of what society should be like in 2021. It provided some comedic situations that may be outdated but still can get a laugh or two out of you.

• Feb 26, 2021

I liked it. It reminded me of the good old days. When shows had good content.

I liked it. It reminded me of the good old days. When shows had good content.

• Feb 26, 2021

Reviewing the pilot, the only free ep for non-subscribers. The original Punky Brewster was one of my favorite childhood shows and holds up fairly well today. That series took a slower start, with Punky finding a home occupying several episodes. But it gave time for a genuine bond to develop between her and Henry, so when the courtroom scene came you FELT something. This continuation rushes things. A lot. Within a few hours of meeting the new orphan, who is nowhere near as endearing as Punky was, the new kid has a home in a super crowded apartment. Punky's busy overacting. Freddie Prinz just looks super old. Her kiddos do okay, with the older daughter being a standout. The few moments I did enjoy were when the show slowed down for five seconds to have an emotional connection of some kind. But for a comedy, it's not funny. It's woefully average when it should be jam packed with Punky Power. Hoping the show gets better. Fast.

• Feb 25, 2021