Rectify: Season 1 Reviews

• Sep 15, 2019

I am not a DRAMA movie enthusiast. I prefer a slightly faster paste plot line. However, Rectify, sucked my in. I binged for a week to complete it. The acting is outstanding, the plot excellent, but the WRITING really drew me in. Nothing satisfies my brain activity like an extremely well written movie.

• Aug 30, 2019

Intelligent, well-written, deeply moving.

Intelligent, well-written, deeply moving.

• Aug 25, 2019

Just watched the first two episodes - A M A Z I N G !

Just watched the first two episodes - A M A Z I N G !

• Jan 27, 2019

Look for anyone who is inpatient

Look for anyone who is inpatient

• Dec 03, 2018

The slow and painful yet beautiful burn which is the amazing series Rectify

The slow and painful yet beautiful burn which is the amazing series Rectify

• Jun 06, 2018

This has to be one of my all time favourite series, not favourite in the sense that you want to watch it over and over again as it is dark emotionally but it is the type of show and story that really makes a big impact on you and stays with you. Some say that spreading the story out over 4 seasons was not a good idea but personally I feel this was a great choice as you really get to delve in to the charachters stories. This has some of the best acting, especially from the lead actor @adenyoung who really gave a stellar performance of a very complex charachter. Do yourself a favour and watch this show.

• Mar 30, 2018

Supremely focused slow burn that checks all the boxes.

Supremely focused slow burn that checks all the boxes.

• Feb 03, 2018

As the character is written and directed, Daniel Holden is too dumb and slow and uninteresting for me to care for.

• Dec 25, 2016

Wasn't able to make it through the first episode. It's not that the show isn't good...it's a little TOO good. I felt too much of the horror. Movies like Saw don't bother me, but the subtle, insidious, creeping horror of living in a place where prominent authorities want you dead isn't my cup of tea. I'm giving it five stars for being able to affect me this deeply, most fiction doesn't. It's not the show's fault that I dislike this type of story, so I didn't factor that in to my review.

• Apr 06, 2016

I have to give the writers/directors credit for having actors that sound like they are actually from Georgia instead of insisting on having everyone talk like they are leftovers from some sort of Gone With the Wind meets Deliverance nightmare. .I'm from Georgia so I find that insanely irritating.