The Expanse: Season 5 Reviews

• 9h ago

Science fiction but not too much. The problems of the human race to come are well described in this work.

• 12h ago

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

• 13h ago

Mucho mejor que la anterior temporada, aunque su fuerte inicio se ve difuminado según pasan los episodios.

• 22h ago

Awesome, awesome, awesome

Awesome, awesome, awesome

• 23h ago

This season has been a real disappointment. The prior season were well done, not without fault, but well done. This season holds that same level of quality but the story has seems to have fallen short. The series focuses on 3 main story branches this time around and unfortunately one of them is really bad, its that one the give the most time too. Spoilers: Naomi's story arc this season has been really bad. From her character not asking her partner to come along on the most important journey of her life. To her expecting her son, who has been raised and living with Marco Inarus the terrorist, will just come along with her, the mother he never knew or met, becasue she brought a ship and "loves him". And yet she is still surprised that Marco and her son, don't trust her and want to kill both her and Holden. This poor story line and writing would not be so bad if they had cast someone with better emotional range then Dominique Tipper for Naomi. Since season 1, Dominique Tipper, Shohreh Aghdashloo and Cara Gee have been sub par actresses for the show. They always feel like the dialog is forced and they just don't fit the role quite right. That aside the rest of the season is doing well. Its not as good as the prior seasons, and I think in part that is due to the separation of the Rocinante crew. But it is watchable, even if you do feel like skipping some scenes.

• 1d ago

This show gets better each season!

This show gets better each season!

• 1d ago

Season 5 is so excellent. I really prefer when the show focusses on the solar system politics. I didn't love the "trauma of the week" format of Season 4. It was intriguing, but Season 5 returns us to the worlds we know and love. I really hope Amazon realizes this show should continue far beyond Season 6

• 1d ago

The best sci-fi space opera you'll ever watch. Awesome digital effects (you can tell they really gave this show some post-production money), great storylines, new characters, lots of action, with only the occasional character teetering on boredom. Each scene is like a fine-tuned engine that moves with exquisite grace. Best show on streaming, period.

• 1d ago

I'm a huge fan of this series as a whole, but season 5 is really dragging for me... A lot of the magic is missing when the crew of the Roci are in different places the entire season, narratively-speaking. With four separate threads gobbling screen time, everyone feels a little distant and shallow and the high points of drama don't seem to have as much impact as before. I also think belter creole works in some scenes and doesn't in others—I find it hard to take seriously in moments that are supposed to be emotionally intense (like the multiple scenes between Naomi and her son, oof). I'm going to assume this season's shortcomings are due to production difficulties faced during COVID times, and at the very least it has set the stage for a (hopefully) more exciting final season. Still worth watching of course, but earlier seasons set the bar very, very high.

• 2d ago

Best sci-fi show I ever watched. Period.

Best sci-fi show I ever watched. Period.