The Magicians: Season 1 Reviews

• Nov 17, 2020

This series is... low budget. The dialogues are stupid, unnecessary and a little bit cringe. The plot is built episode for episode, and this is not good. It's so badly constructed that it's funny.

• May 09, 2020

I watched the first two eps of Terra Nova and was so bored I didn't finish the second. I watch the Magicians and felt the same. I watched the first half of ep 01 of Eureka and was seriously entertained. Great writing. great acting. great actors. Humour. I will give all three shows a fair try, however - Maybe they'll improve.

• Apr 09, 2020

The best way this show could have started off. It does an amazing job of introducing you to characters and having you change your view of them quickly. It is also the best and probably only way magic could have been introduced in a show so well, it's relatable in a great way. One of the main characters, Quinten Coldwater, discovers that magic and many of his childhood fantasies are real, but it's all thrown on to him so quickly, and he's unprepared. Him not being prepared for this make him feel like a normal person, someone who has defects. Quinten struggles with depression and other stuff claiming that sometimes his brain breaks and he has to be hospitalized. All in all, it's a definite must-see, with great characters, an intriguing plot, and moments that will bring back some childhood memories.

• Mar 02, 2020

It's so good that I can't describe it in words.

It's so good that I can't describe it in words.

• Feb 26, 2020

A new take on the fantasy genre, which has it's better and worse sides. Making the characters so old is a huge miss. The whole plot is about student life, but the actors are in their late 20's, early 30's, if someone told me the main protagonist age was 40 I wouldn't blink an eye. It's just weird, especially in scenes where the main character is acting childish even for a student in it's early 20's. The positives of the plot is the mature and scary stories and monsters, as well as a darker view on magic and fantasy. The negatives of the plot is the lack of good humour and bright points where the protagonist can sit back and enjoy life. Even the relationships and romance is gloomy and depressing most of the time.

• Feb 08, 2020

Absolutely FANTASTIC ! Not even a fan of fantasy but this series caught me off guard , it was love at first sight , all the mistery just get you even more excited .

• Feb 02, 2020

Amazing first season!

Amazing first season!

• Jan 31, 2020

Loved it, I binged watched all 4 season, cant wait to see season 5. I love all the characters.

• Jan 17, 2020

Сериал показал действительно, что-то новое в своем жанре. Думал, что будет хуже, но меня сильно впечатлило и затянуло на долго♥️

• Jan 17, 2020

Would have been way more interesting if the show had at least some respect for the female characters. Now it's just a bore that isn't even worth a yawn. It's disgustingly uninteresting.