The Young Pope: Miniseries Reviews

• Feb 08, 2020

Still on of the best

Still on of the best

• Jan 21, 2020

I cannot continue watching this lavish and gratis continuum of obvious dialogues and screenplay. It's awful and unbearable but no critics will ever say it be cause compare to the rest of our entertainment options, it is different. Because it is different it must be great don't you know ? The straw that broke it for me was the arrival of Malkovich blase Monologues.. come on man seriously ?

• Jan 18, 2020

Genius and visually stunning. Can't get enough. Could be the only series I wouldn't mind watching over and over.

• Jan 11, 2020

Just genius. A perfect unconventional character.

Just genius. A perfect unconventional character.

• Nov 28, 2019

Slick production and pop music arrangements, very visually beautiful. Shame about the plot! I found none of the charachters to be likeable, particularly the Pope. He just didn't seem to be in touch with any real vulnerability. I found that the stories did not move me emotionally, yet wth the promised subject matter, I expected to be.

• Sep 07, 2019

I can't say enough about how good this series is to me. I just got done watching it for the second time. Jude Law put in his best performance ever as the diabolical but lovable Pope Pius XIII. He is not only hilarious, but he has a believable mystical quality that had me reduced to tears many times. If you're a catholic, or a former catholic, you'll either find this series compelling or offensive, or maybe both. Sometimes I thought the makers were trying to sexually fetishize catholic church rituals with their mixed editing. The subtle way they implied the existence of God was beautiful and worked perfectly. I enjoyed the Italian dialogue. I also enjoyed the evolution of the main characters. There was great humor in this project too. This might possibly be one of my favorite TV shows.

• Jul 26, 2019

Catholics will initially hate this series as it spears to be a slap in the face to the church, but by episode 5, it actually turns around and starts to focus on how to strengthen the church. I would not be surprised if their are more Catholics as a result of this. Personally, I could not stop watching this - beautifully filmed, interesting as all hell, and I'm a Hindu! 😂🕉

• May 07, 2019

So amazingly shot, surreal and hilarious. It makes me want to book a trip to Rome and visit the Vatican again. Jude Law is a devilish Pope and the casting choice is brilliant. Can't wait for the next season.

• Feb 16, 2019

Unconventional, Bold, and Revolutionary! This show is not perfect, but whether you like the self-obsessed and rude Jude Law's character, Lenny, or not and whether you'll be offended by such contemporary view of the church and religion or not, YOU WILL ENJOY IT.

• Sep 29, 2018

Out of the seemingly controversial, for the sake of attention, skin crawls a beautiful and heartwarming tale.