Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief Reviews

• Oct 02, 2019

They left so much stuff out from the book and they even cut a main character!

They left so much stuff out from the book and they even cut a main character!

• Sep 23, 2019

This is such a disappointment and a serious waste of studio money. First of all, they aged up the characters to 17 even though the Percy Jackson and the Olympians books start with Percy and Annabeth being 12 and the prophecy of how a child of the Big Three will save the world at age 16,so they basically made it so that there would be no chance of making all 5 books into movies.Then they changed Annabeth so much she's basically a new character. They made her have blue eyes and brown hair and took away her invisibility cap. They also made her lose most of the battles that she won in the books. Also, I hate the fact that they made Percy and Annabeth meet during Capture the Flag and made them on separate teams when in the books they meet by Annabeth saying "You drool in your sleep" and going on a tour of the camp. In the books Annabeth and Percy were on the same team because he made the toilet explode on Clarrise, daughter of Ares (and a character that was not in the movie!) , while she tried to give him a swirlie. Then my poor little Grover. They turned him into a horny little grease-ball with a high-top cut hairdo and quite muscular with perfect skin who is basically a comic relief character while in the books he is this scrawny crybaby with curly hair and lots of acne and is really shy and happens to really enjoy eating enchiladas and aluminum cans. The fact that Luke Castellan has entire game system the size of my bathroom also annoys me, as demigods cant have electronics like that because its like a beacon to monster that signals where they are. The book describes it as a homing beacon that basically saying "HEY MONSTERS I'M OVER HERE COME KILL ME". The entire plot of the movie is wrong as well. It was not Luke that gave Percy Zeus' lightning bolt but Ares. The mission was to save his mom and convince Hades he was not the thief but they happen to run into Ares at a diner and he gives them a backpack that contains the lightning bolt about half way through the book. I'm also quite angry there was no epic battle between Percy and Ares as there was in the book, which was rather disappointing. I could go on for hours about how much I despise this movie as I've done in the past, however I have other things to do and i'm beginning to get dizzy in rage.

• Sep 09, 2019

It is amazing how terrible this film turned out with such amazing source material from and being from the director of the first Harry Potter film.

• Sep 08, 2019

The special effects and acting are great.

The special effects and acting are great.

• Aug 30, 2019

Horrible adaptation so dumb I lost braincells that I don't have to spare. The books are amazing though.

• Aug 30, 2019

it completly butchered the percy jackson and the olympians series. anyone who has read those books will hate this movie the only thing i admire about this is the effects they managed to push to the extent they are right now

• Aug 19, 2019

The effects of this movie are not the worst, and that is exactly where the compliments to this ends. The actors know nothing about who their characters are and also do not resemble them one bit. Every single physical aspect is completely off, which destroys the whole plot. There are so many amazing characters that were cut out of this movie or thrown into a blender of trash. Rick Riordan deserves so much more than his one-of-a-kind series being destroyed by some mindless directors and writers.

• Aug 11, 2019

Very bad acting. Didn't follow the plot line of the book. Waste of time.

Very bad acting. Didn't follow the plot line of the book. Waste of time.

• Aug 08, 2019

I hate this movie with a passion. It absolutely ruins the book. It's alright to watch on its own without comparing it to the book, but when comparing it to the book, it's horrible.

• Aug 02, 2019

The only thing about this movie that was done correctly was the names of the characters. In my opinion, as a huge fan of the series, this is the worst movie/movie adaptation in history. Next to Avatar the Last Airbender. Terrible movie. Seriously.