Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief Reviews

• Jan 08, 2020

This movie was absolutely asssss it was so disappointing I hated it nothing like the book it had like 3 good parts I don’t recommend this guys this movie gets a D+

• Dec 17, 2019

As a fan of the books I'm actually offended. I'm sorry, but the last time checked Percy Jackson was 12 not 20. Even the cast is not strong enough to save this film from what it is: a disappointment. These books deserve a film series that will do it justice!

• Dec 15, 2019

Percy Jackson is better than it has a right to be due to a good cast. I say this not because I think the books are bad. I say it because this a lackluster attempt at adapting a fine book series. Chris Columbus did a good job getting Harry Potter going on the big screen. One problem with Percy Jackson though is that he probably didn't have the Harry Potter budget to work with. The screenplay changes too much as well.

• Nov 19, 2019

Oof. I mean oof. If you haven't read the book, it's probably captivating. But if you have, save yourself an hour and forty seven minutes of rage and watch Frozen. The ages were wrong, the hair color was wrong, really just everything was wrong. It was interesting enough when I convinced myself to let go of my rage and forget the series that defined my childhood alongside Harry Potter. But I stand by my statement: if you've read the books, just rent Frozen on amazon for two bucks.

• Nov 18, 2019

Absolute trash. Nothing else to be said

Absolute trash. Nothing else to be said

• Nov 17, 2019

Bunch of teenagers who don't reaaaally know how to act. Even though the story was lacking in many ways, it killed time and had some good scenes

• Nov 01, 2019

Again Hollywood makes a story more dumb because they think the viewers are to dumb to unterstand a complex story. And even if you didn't read the book it's still not a good movie. The effects look nice but that doesn't change the fact that the movie is just Harry Potter but in worse.

• Oct 02, 2019

They left so much stuff out from the book and they even cut a main character!

They left so much stuff out from the book and they even cut a main character!

• Sep 23, 2019

This is such a disappointment and a serious waste of studio money. First of all, they aged up the characters to 17 even though the Percy Jackson and the Olympians books start with Percy and Annabeth being 12 and the prophecy of how a child of the Big Three will save the world at age 16,so they basically made it so that there would be no chance of making all 5 books into movies.Then they changed Annabeth so much she's basically a new character. They made her have blue eyes and brown hair and took away her invisibility cap. They also made her lose most of the battles that she won in the books. Also, I hate the fact that they made Percy and Annabeth meet during Capture the Flag and made them on separate teams when in the books they meet by Annabeth saying "You drool in your sleep" and going on a tour of the camp. In the books Annabeth and Percy were on the same team because he made the toilet explode on Clarrise, daughter of Ares (and a character that was not in the movie!) , while she tried to give him a swirlie. Then my poor little Grover. They turned him into a horny little grease-ball with a high-top cut hairdo and quite muscular with perfect skin who is basically a comic relief character while in the books he is this scrawny crybaby with curly hair and lots of acne and is really shy and happens to really enjoy eating enchiladas and aluminum cans. The fact that Luke Castellan has entire game system the size of my bathroom also annoys me, as demigods cant have electronics like that because its like a beacon to monster that signals where they are. The book describes it as a homing beacon that basically saying "HEY MONSTERS I'M OVER HERE COME KILL ME". The entire plot of the movie is wrong as well. It was not Luke that gave Percy Zeus' lightning bolt but Ares. The mission was to save his mom and convince Hades he was not the thief but they happen to run into Ares at a diner and he gives them a backpack that contains the lightning bolt about half way through the book. I'm also quite angry there was no epic battle between Percy and Ares as there was in the book, which was rather disappointing. I could go on for hours about how much I despise this movie as I've done in the past, however I have other things to do and i'm beginning to get dizzy in rage.

• Sep 09, 2019

It is amazing how terrible this film turned out with such amazing source material from and being from the director of the first Harry Potter film.