Shutter Reviews

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Sep 25, 2018

I found this yesterday and thought it might be worth checking out but sadly this was a poor horror film. The twists and turns never deliver and the horror moments are just cliché moments. The poor remakes of Asian horror continues and considering the cast, this was a massive misfire. I was slightly annoyed they went with the finale twist, that was quite stupid and over the top. It would have been nice if the filmmakers respected the source material and went all out, this feels too safe. This had a lot of potential but a poor choice with filmmaker and a script that required further work, this was dead on arrival. Such a shame. 25/09/2018.

• May 20, 2018

An underrated horror movie!

An underrated horror movie!

• Dec 27, 2017

Terrible remake once again, watch the original Thai version from 2004 and you won't be disapointed!

• Nov 22, 2017

really creepy movie��

really creepy movie��

• Sep 08, 2017

Garbage film, I had zero sympathy for the ghost, because she was a creepy stalker with mental problems in life lol

• May 22, 2017

Why? Just why. It's hard to completely destroy a story as good as the original Thai "Shutter" (2004), so the story does indeed still pack a punch... that's about it, though. All the quality scares from the original are COMPLETELY watered down, and the story is remixed in a very illogical and dull way. This just isn't worth your time like the original is. It won't suck you in or scare you. Go watch the Thai version with subtitles. Also people please stop saying the original is Japanese - it's not.

• Nov 22, 2016

A completely unoriginal addition to the Asian horror remake compendium, Shutter unabashedly borrows idea after idea from better entries in its genre, serving up a lackluster effort whose twist is decent but its scares are so predictable and stale.

• Nov 19, 2016

Don't even waste your time. Stupidest movie I've ever seen

Don't even waste your time. Stupidest movie I've ever seen

• Nov 19, 2016

Not really scary. Never saw the original, so I got to go in fresh. I enjoyed it as a story, but found some of the acting a bit soulless. Just didn't feel the spark between the two leads, but Rachael seemed more keen on giving a good performance than Joshua.

• Oct 20, 2016

I guess all remakes inevitably get lambasted by everyone because they already know the story line and are judging it instead of enjoying it. It's not near as bad as the reviews suggest, if you're in for a few good scares this definitely hits the spot. It's descent supernatural horror with it's own genuine twist.