Road House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Road House Reviews

September 16, 2017
Not best at bet, but better yet, a dull triumph.
August 25, 2017
So the critics didn't like ROAD HOUSE... What else do they get wrong? I liked it. I bought it.
August 10, 2017
Utimate guy movie about a bouncer who kicks major ass at a nightclub in Kansas City. Ben Gazzara is so awesome in this movie. If it wasn't for him I don't think I would like it. Swayze is okay. He never could act. Talk about it being shown over and over again on cable. It used to be a goto movie for cable in the 90's. Very good movie.
August 4, 2017
Good classic bar fighting movie starring Patrick swayze. I had a blast with this movie, I don't know why the critics hate on this movie. Of course it's not a masterpiece but i had fun with the fight sequences and to me that creates a memorable movie. I will definitely watch this movie again and I am going to give it a classic, it will be a classic in my mind forever.
July 14, 2017
I rank you among the dumbest of American society if you give this film anything other than 100%. It's the best movie.
½ June 23, 2017
Some might call Road House one of the worst movies ever made, and they would be both right and wrong in that estimation. The movie is a conundrum, because it's entertaining on the most basic of levels but yet you still want to hate on it. It's has all of the essential 80's movie ingredients (stylized violence, big hair, strippers, monster trucks, etc), but it also has a sort of western vibe to it with the hero coming to town to save it from an evil overlord. Unfortunately, it just doesn't really work all that well... but yet it does. I can't say that it's amazing or a classic, but it's definitely an interesting watch, and somewhat entertaining. It's just nice to see some hardcore violence that doesn't wuss out in a mainstream movie. I really miss that.
½ June 6, 2017
As usual the Liberal critics poo poo a cool movie. "Road House' is a classic, and everyone I know loves it. Patrick Swayze was a cool dude, we miss him.
January 4, 2017
Haha! This has got to be one of the most priceless movies of the 80's. It's so bad, it makes it good!
½ December 18, 2016
So ridiculous and corny, but it's still such a fun b-movie, modern western. The most hilarious part is Swayze kung-fu fighting all greased up with baby oil by a moonlit lake, before raging out.
½ October 26, 2016
a chicken-fried steak of a movie.
½ October 6, 2016
Man no wonder I had never even considered watching Road House back in the day, strictly for the absolute ridiculousness of the concept, execution and un pcness even for the 80's, causing it to age even more poorly than it probably had intended. One wonders in hindsight how Patrick Swayze and poor Sam Elliot were dragged into the project at the time. The basic concept of Patrick Swayze being recruited from a decent if seedy posh bar down south to help bring the Double Deuce back to safe life as its cooler after its owner came into a lot of money to hire the absolute best, the film gradually turns into a vigilante wannabe film with Swayze taking on the meanest billionaire in town while working the job and winning over the heart of his niece. The technical know how especially when it comes to the music synch is horrendous, everything plays out extremely cheesy in a real piss poor way, and the violence against women is in extremely poor taste. One of those films you would wish for anyone worth their salt to be blessed with the ability to disown. At least you get a chance to see the late great Jeff Healy playing with the house band one last time. Extremely unfortunate.
½ September 9, 2016
Swayze during the height of his powers. A feel-good movie full of violence & death. The villains do everything but twirl their mustaches, but it works.
July 31, 2016
You know what's not funny about people which I've noticed with most films that have their clueless opinion. Is that they moan and don't agree with good people ridding the bad people from this world but they don't care about the bad people. It's like they like to be sheep! This film is a good film! Action, Love, Charisma and respect/ dignity. Where are the good critics!
July 30, 2016
The 80s. I get why I missed this one.
½ July 15, 2016
Watched this just to see what the heck Family Guy has been quoting over the years. Boy was this cheesy. As I always say, everything from the 80's sucks..
June 27, 2016
I Love this film! Men kicking ass, with an excellent sound track!
½ May 17, 2016
I loved this movie, some good story lines
½ May 15, 2016
A fun fightin' movie. It's story is complete crap, and the runtime is longer than necessery, but the fight scenes are decentd enough to keep you entertained. I probably would've never even watched it if it wasn't for that Family Guy episode, though.
May 6, 2016
Patrick Swayze kicks butt in this movie!