Road House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Road House Reviews

½ October 26, 2016
a chicken-fried steak of a movie.
½ October 6, 2016
Man no wonder I had never even considered watching Road House back in the day, strictly for the absolute ridiculousness of the concept, execution and un pcness even for the 80's, causing it to age even more poorly than it probably had intended. One wonders in hindsight how Patrick Swayze and poor Sam Elliot were dragged into the project at the time. The basic concept of Patrick Swayze being recruited from a decent if seedy posh bar down south to help bring the Double Deuce back to safe life as its cooler after its owner came into a lot of money to hire the absolute best, the film gradually turns into a vigilante wannabe film with Swayze taking on the meanest billionaire in town while working the job and winning over the heart of his niece. The technical know how especially when it comes to the music synch is horrendous, everything plays out extremely cheesy in a real piss poor way, and the violence against women is in extremely poor taste. One of those films you would wish for anyone worth their salt to be blessed with the ability to disown. At least you get a chance to see the late great Jeff Healy playing with the house band one last time. Extremely unfortunate.
½ September 9, 2016
Swayze during the height of his powers. A feel-good movie full of violence & death. The villains do everything but twirl their mustaches, but it works.
July 31, 2016
You know what's not funny about people which I've noticed with most films that have their clueless opinion. Is that they moan and don't agree with good people ridding the bad people from this world but they don't care about the bad people. It's like they like to be sheep! This film is a good film! Action, Love, Charisma and respect/ dignity. Where are the good critics!
July 30, 2016
The 80s. I get why I missed this one.
½ July 15, 2016
Watched this just to see what the heck Family Guy has been quoting over the years. Boy was this cheesy. As I always say, everything from the 80's sucks..
June 27, 2016
I Love this film! Men kicking ass, with an excellent sound track!
½ May 17, 2016
I loved this movie, some good story lines
½ May 15, 2016
A fun fightin' movie. It's story is complete crap, and the runtime is longer than necessery, but the fight scenes are decentd enough to keep you entertained. I probably would've never even watched it if it wasn't for that Family Guy episode, though.
May 6, 2016
Patrick Swayze kicks butt in this movie!
½ April 21, 2016
Road House (1989) ? 1/2
Plotless look at a bouncer is just an excuse for Swayze to flex his muscles. Idiotic, for the birds.
April 9, 2016
To all movie snobs: just stay quiet on this one. We all know you're going to hate on it. If you've never seen it, Road House is one of my favorites. It is not an Oscar worthy film. In certain places, you can tell there were lots of deleted scenes. But Swayze and Elliot are wonderful playing their roles; coolers that clean up bars that no one interested in safety would enter. The antagonist is easily detestable, and the story is something I think anyone could get on board with. Is it cliche? Sure. Is it riddled with '80s? Absolutely. And yet it's still fun-go in with an open mind and enjoy Swayze being NOT dirty dancing, and instead being a fighting philosopher.
April 7, 2016
I really liked the first half of this movie. The second half not so much. WHat exactly are they fighting over, fighting? The multi-millionaire who owns a hellicopter is furious that fighting is no longer allowed in some backwoods bar? First half though is really good when Swayze goes all Gordon Ramsey on the Double Deuce staff...
March 27, 2016
It's like a prostate exam fer yur mind.
½ March 16, 2016
If you wanted a film where Patrick Swayze kicks butt, here it is. If you wanted a developed story and meaningful plot, look somewhere else. Road House is fun, quotable, and memorable, even if it doesn't add up to much.
February 23, 2016
Kingpin's iron grip over the community is threatened when local bar hires a new bouncer. Hard to take seriously but possibly an accurate depiction of smalltown Missouri. Has something for everyone though and Dr Kelly Lynch never looked better.
January 1, 2016
liked it. As i recall.
½ December 31, 2015
Started out okay. It went downhill from there.
December 28, 2015
I was happy I finally watched it. But it wasn't as good as I was expecting. The fight scenes were fun to watch but weren't that great. The plot was interesting and it had a good villain.
½ December 24, 2015
This film is a classic. But it's a bad 80s classic and it no where near holds up to today's action standards. Road House stars Patrick Swayze as a club/bar bouncer and he basically just beats up the hoodlums that are causing problems for 2 hours. My main problem with Road House is that its story is dull, drags on, and brings nothing new throughout the entire movie. No changes, no character development, anticlimactic and the fight scenes aren't really all that great, The film didn't really have anything going for me right from the start. The only thing i really enjoyed from the movie was Patrick Swayze's mediocre martial art skills and the partial nudity. Watching Road House will definitely make you loose some brain cells, but if you want mindless entertainment for 120 minutes, watch Road House! Overall I was disappointed that I didn't like this movie, but I cant like em all.