Vice Versa - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vice Versa Reviews

½ September 7, 2016
Silly, but fun. I'm getting old enough that I am starting to forget how awful it is to be a kid. This movie is a funny reminder of how much better fully grown adults with jobs and bills have it than the kids do out there enduring the many pains of youth and school.
August 14, 2015
I very much liked vice versa it reminded some of like father like son but funnier
with judge reinhold and fred savage playing the father and son.one part that gets me is judge reinholds character playing the drums in the department store when he's in fred savage body
March 14, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
½ March 11, 2015
Which came first? Vice Versa or Like Father, Like Son? Doesn't matter because they both accomplished being flops except Dudley Moore is way cooler than Judge Reinhold.
½ August 10, 2014
Vice Versa is decent film. It is about a divorced executive and his 11 year old son casually touch a magical Tibetan skull, releasing a mysterious power that transfers the father's mind to the body of the son and vice versa during an argument. Judge Reinhold and Fred Savage give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Brian Gilbert did an alright job directing this movie. I liked watching this motion picture because of the humor and fantasy.
July 29, 2014
(First and only viewing - 1/3/2011)
June 4, 2014
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
½ April 21, 2014
Strange to think this little forgotten 80's comedy is actually an adaptation of a late 18th Century novel. Hardly the kind of thing you'd expect to see Judge Reinhold and Fred Savage in. This overlooked flick came out a few months before 'Big' but failed to do as well unsurprisingly.

One high flying business man and neglectful father swaps places with his very small bullied son. From there on the little boy must try and hold his fathers job together while the dad must battle the daily grind of school. At the same time a couple of baddies are also after the precious object that causes all the commotion. Its easy to grasp, predictable and cheesy but its a fun little jaunt.

It always bothered me that they went to the trouble of having both characters actually change shape, shrink n grow, to make you believe that each of them transformed into the other. Wouldn't it have been easier just for them to swaps minds? why did they have to virtually mutate into each others body shape?. You don't see that of course, its only implied by camera angles and the simple raising and lowering of the floor beneath them, but it just seemed pointless to me.

The other thing I could never work out was this department store in Chicago. Obviously its suppose to be a very prestigious store for wealthy buyers but would it really have such lavish office levels above the store?. I don't know maybe in the US this is how big stores work, maybe here in the UK too in say...Harrods, but it felt so odd. All these snivelling ass kissing suits following the big director around their plush offices, the whole entourage of hierarchy that seems to run the store like the third Reich putting the fear of God into the employees. It is of course so very 80's with the power suits, an all white pompous set of staff and stereotypical male chauvinistic behaviour (bit like 'Trading Places'), but I did like that angle, its so damn retro.

This is one of those comedies that is suppose to be for kids but its actually quite grown up really, a perfect 80's comedy then. Many scenes contain Savage swearing, drinking and talking to adults as if he was one himself. That is the whole point sure but you know in this day and age it would be so watered down and childish, this is a touch edgy at times and its brilliant. Gotta be honest this is probably Savage's best major film too, he really does perform well as an adult I must say, Reinhold also kills it as a big child (he's perfectly cast with his looks), both have lots of cute little moments which will make you laugh.

You can see the how the finale will unfold a mile off but its still good goofy fun as the two bad guys get their obvious comeuppance. Its not a 'Pink Panther' type of tomfoolery don't worry, its a very tolerable silliness that is somewhat believable, there are no real big stunts or action sequences in this. I loved the performances from everyone in this, quick nod to the trio of brown nosing office boy yes men who all came across as 'Waldorf and Statler-like' live action Muppets, Richard Kind being one. Totally underrated in this reviewers opinion and well worth the watch if you enjoy really dated 80's flicks, good Xmas time flick too.
January 11, 2014
Touching an ancient skull, father and son trade places, and now they must find a way to reverse the spell. Though the occasional scene is amusing, this is just following a trend of the time; the kid suddenly turns into an adult movie that was made consistently popular with Big.
½ September 15, 2013
In typical 80s fashion, dispenses with the plot and sense and is just pure fun and entertainment.
May 22, 2013
April 25, 2013
Serviceable body switching movie from the 80's when this seemed to be a trend. Fred Savage and Judge Reinhold were mostly believable as the other, however the overall story just wasn't much fun. I've always liked Corinne Bohrer; her star never launched but I still see her occasionally in commercials. I wasn't bored but I wasn't entranced either. Meh.
February 21, 2013
Very funny and entertaining comedy about a father and son who gets their bodies switched by a magical skull that is also worth a ton of money. The dad has to play the son and go to school and the son plays the dad and has to go work where his father does. It is very amusing and Fred savage and judge reinhold were very funny and entertaining. There were so many good things about this movie that made it a very fun movie to watch. I know I enjoyed every minute of it.
February 19, 2013
I love this movie! It makes me laugh a lot! Savage and Reinhold knew with that attitude and how to perform other roles!
December 2, 2012
Fred savage essential plays himself, a 45 year old man in a kids body (except no winny cooper)
½ November 5, 2012
Yes, it's a bit predictable, the script isn't the best out there, and it will never be considered a great classic, but the performances of Messrs. Reinhold and Savage are completely believable. In fact, I thought Reinhold's work in this one got overlooked. I'm not complaining about Tom Hanks' job in 'Big,' but I thought that since Hanks was playing an adolescent boy in a man's body, he played it a bit young. Reinhold, on the other hand, was playing a 9 or 10 year old boy, therefore his portrayal was easier to buy into.
½ October 29, 2012
freaky friday with boys. but i loved it :)
½ September 13, 2012
Don't know why this movie has bad reviews. This movie is so funny and has a great cast! Fred Savage was so funny in this movie! Why didn't he make more movies? He is such a funny child actor! He made this a great movie!
½ September 11, 2012
Awww... my crush... Judge Reinhold!!