Made in America - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Made in America Reviews

½ August 18, 2016
High school girl finds out who she thought was her father, wasn't her real father and that her real father is a sperm donor who she soon finds out I s an obnoxious used car salesman.
½ April 8, 2015
Stupid and foolish trash.
½ February 5, 2015
A film that captures you by surprise if you where to read up on this film you wouldn't expect it to be as good as it was.

The story of Whoopi Goldberg's daughter finding out who her father was & who was the sperm donor & it ends up being Sleazy Car Salesman played by Ted Danson.

It is by no means a great film but it has a heart & slight charm to the end of the film the characters really grow on you.
½ August 9, 2014
(First and only viewing - 3/1/2009)
½ June 4, 2014
very funny with Whoopi and Ted.
April 18, 2014
Made in America is a kind of entertaining romp with some truly laugh-out-loud moments. Goldberg and Danson have nice chemistry (of course), and the movie isn't a total dud, even if it has a very unique and seemingly uninteresting plot.
March 9, 2014
Hey my name is chloe and I wanted to see the movie made in America its a good movie
½ March 9, 2014
just..... baaaaaaad.
½ July 5, 2013
I am kind of surprised to see that this movie got panned so bad. The cast is pretty good with Ted Danson and Whoopi Goldberg staring. Both are super famous yet seem to be underrated as actors. Danson with his facial expressions, and Whoopi with her voice both play their roles well. A young Will Smith is well, a young Will Smith, and Jennifer Tilly has a small part as a girlfriend. There are a couple of funny jokes, some good shots of San Francisco, and some good chemistry between the actors, yet the story tries too hard to tie itself together in too short a time at the end, and that usually doesn't work without either over the top comedy or over the top action, and "Made in America" just didn't have either. Pretty average stuff, but you could do a lot worse.
June 8, 2013
A daughter conceived through artificial insemination finds out that his father is white - her mother is shocked. Made in America is a film with a weak screenplay, and it's particularly hard to find a reason to care for any of its characters. Whoopi Goldberg has her occasional comedic moments, but Will Smith's performance on the other hand shows how hard it is to climb to the top ranks in Hollywood.
May 5, 2013
You know how everyone has a film that they absolutely adore that everyone else seems to hate? Well, this is that film for me. Although this film did well at the box office, it was universally panned by critics. That's fine and I can understand why. The film is sappy, unrealistic, and has a few jokes in it that probably would've made folks uncomfortable due to the tumultuous racial tensions of the 1990s. However, I find the movie charming, sweet, and it's dopey jokes made me laugh. The only thing that I wish I cut totally exorcise from this movie is Will Smith's character. If it weren't for that character, you'd be pressed to date this movie. His obnoxiously loud clothes, gestures, and language really date this film to the early 1990s. Other than that, I really enjoy this film. It's one of the films I like that everyone else seems to hate. We all have a couple, don't we?
April 17, 2013
Actually a very entertaining comedy albeit it's very predictable plot..
Don't you think though that a movie about a black girl finding out that her mum's real sperm donor comes from a car seller white guy deserves your attention? How about Will Smith probable 1st movie appearance alongside Woopy Goldberg?

Watch the first 10 min and try to switch off..
½ January 28, 2013
Cute movie..I still like this one..
December 30, 2012
I'm not watching any more movies with Whoopi Goldberg in them.
December 7, 2012
Nice but not that nice ;)
September 26, 2012
Meh... Still can't believe that Whoopi was MARRIED to Ted Danson. Such a strange couple.... What's even weirder? Fresh Prince is some douche rich dude who gives advice to their h-e double l bend marriage.
September 12, 2012
The first film I remember seeing Will Smith in, fo sho!
July 23, 2012
A really good movie.
April 21, 2012
great story and whoopi one of her best. ted danson.. very good acting in this movie.. it's a must see.
½ April 21, 2012