Deadfall Reviews

• Jan 19, 2019

The Only thing they got right is playing Billiards. I was more confused after then when i started.Ka- fucking-yeaaaa!

• Feb 17, 2016

Really hard to sit through. Nic Cage is the only redeeming quality.

Really hard to sit through. Nic Cage is the only redeeming quality.

• Oct 21, 2015

Il n'y a qu'une seule qualité dans Deadfall : Nicolas Cage. Sur sa petite demi-heure, l'acteur fait absolument n'importe quoi pour le plus grand bonheur de ses fans, devant la caméra de son frère. Il est outrancier, insupportable et absolument fabuleux. Le reste de Deadfall est un film noir 90's complètement raté, aussi ennuyeux qu'extrêmement mal fichu, entre une intrigue qui va n'importe où et dénuée de toute logique pendant qu'une bonne demi-douzaine de scènes vont nulle part, alors que les acteurs non prénommés Nicolas ont décidé de lire leurs textes sans aucune intensité ni émotion. C'est dommage car c'est l'essence même du film noir. Deadfall est un bien mauvais film, aussi mal réalisé que mal écrit.

• Apr 08, 2015

I love these actors but not in this black hole of a movie.

I love these actors but not in this black hole of a movie.

• Nov 09, 2014

Enjoyable until Nicolas Cage gets the axe. He was the only reason why the film was enjoyable.

• Oct 24, 2014

Overall the movie is terrible, but Nicolas cage does a great job playing the psychotic role (as he always does)

• Sep 22, 2014

There are 2 parts to this film. The main story and Nicolas Cage, the second saves it.

• Jan 28, 2014

This is why I watch Nic Cage movies. I turned it off as soon as Cage left, though.

• Jan 16, 2014

Nic Cage is the only good thing about this film.

Nic Cage is the only good thing about this film.

• Nov 08, 2013

Christopher Coppola's neo-noir Deadfall is an absolutely terrible film redeemed by one defining factor: Nicolas Fucking Cage. Nic Cage gives a truly memorable performance as the psychotic, coke-snorting Eddie. His acting here really needs to be seen to be understood. He has some weird low voice at the start, but quickly begins yelling profanity and hilarious lines like "HI FUCKING YA!" as he karate chops some random man who told him to "watch out" when Eddie drunkenly walks into him as he's leaving a tittie bar. There are so many great quotes in this movie. I recommend you search Youtube for clips of his Caggiest Deadfall moments. But unfortunately, his character gets his face deep fried an hour into the film, leaving roughly half an hour left. This is my major problem. Cage is both the heart and soul of Deadfall. Without him, we are left with a boring, one dimensional protagonist and a lame plot with one of the stupidest twists ever. Not even Charlie Sheen, who has a small role near the end of the film, provided any real entertainment value. If only Eddie was the film's protagonist, this film would be amazing. There isn't a whole lot to say about Deadfall. The acting is bad(apart from Cage), the writing is abysmal(except Cage's dialogue, but that's probably due to his delivery), and the film lacks any kind of excitement(again, 'cept when Cage is on screen) and tension. The climatic scene of the final con is dull and suspense free. Most likely because I didn't give a shit about the characters. Deadfall's tone is uneven. Is this supposed to be a noir-ish crime thriller? Or a goofy black comedy? Cage's performance suggest the latter, but there are other scenes without his presence that seem to be comedic in nature, but end up falling flat because they just aren't funny. It's a strange movie, but not always in a good way. And you can probably guess who's at the center of the good parts... Cage earns this film a 4/10. Everything else totally sucks. But it could be a fun movie to watch with some buddies who are ready to trash a bad movie, and laugh at one of Cage's best roles.