The Mask - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mask Reviews

July 22, 2016
Vintage Jim Carrey. Hilarious movie, fresh plot, and grand adventure. Always a classic.
July 19, 2016
Jim Carey's best performance.
July 15, 2016
The best movie of all times
July 4, 2016
Revisiting it as an adult made me realize that The Mask is not as good as I remembered. It has a lot of problems with the story and the script, and the visual effects certainly don't hold up well. But I still liked its goofiness. It's silly and cartoony and it knows it. Not one of Jim Carrey's best performances, but it showcases his knack for physical comedy and likeable charm. The Mask is hit-and-miss, but perfectly watchable.
July 1, 2016
Jim Carrey's fantastic performance overshadows any narrative faults.
½ June 24, 2016
A good vehicle for Carrey and his extreme comedic nature - based on this he would certainly have made a great Plastic Man. It's also to its own advantage that it doesn't take the spirallingly dark turns that the comic book does. The overall trouble of having a nigh omnipotent superhero/villain rears its head (face?) in this though.
½ June 24, 2016
Ahh, those were the days. Where a little bit of CG will make us happy like hell.
½ June 16, 2016
The best comedy movie in all time, Jim Carrey is the real Mask.
June 14, 2016
Jim makes comedy that only he can get away with. And with this performance, the bar was set on a level that can't be reached. Who else can play the mask now? No one.
½ June 5, 2016
A great movie for anyone who loves Jim Carry - certainly not many actors would be able to take The Mask from comic to screen. A good movie with some mild undercurrents of psychological questioning.
½ May 22, 2016
The Mask is my all-time favorite Jim Carrey movie. It's simply hilarious. The CGI is brilliantly well done and it has a brilliant story with good pacing.
May 22, 2016
Jim Carrey se esforça - demais. Se acerta algumas vezes nesse exagero, erra em muitas outras.
May 19, 2016
Es imposible detener la locura de Jim Carrey
½ March 20, 2016
The perfect actor to play a real life cartoon character.
March 8, 2016
Saw this as a young lad and was beyond scared.
February 27, 2016
This concept is very interesting
Live action cartoon slapstick
And I love Jim carry so I love this movie
February 18, 2016
The mask staring Jim Carrie was a funny movie what I think is funny my favorite line in this movie was Smoking that made me laugh. So if you need a funny movie see this one!
February 17, 2016
I love this movie!!!!!
January 29, 2016
A good but weird film, More silly than funny but it works thanks to Jim Carrey's very OTT performance.
½ January 19, 2016
A beautiful, surreal, bizarre animated depiction of the cartoon-like nature of life. Absolutely love it. An all-time favorite.