The Mask - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mask Reviews

April 23, 2018
this movie is fucking awesome,
March 31, 2018
The funniest movie. :)
March 30, 2018
With Carrey's wild energy in his most iconic preformance as the titular madman, Mike Webb's consistently funny script and the impressive CGI bringing Tex Avery's squash and stretch animation style in depicting Carrey's cartoon antics in live action, The Mask may not be as violent or as cyinical as it's source material, but Carrey's amazing skill at comedy and facial expressions is what makes this one of his crowning achievements in his acting career.
michael e.
March 29, 2018
Carrey could've done a lot better in this film
February 11, 2018
fun energetic movie for the whole family with an early Diaz role. Makes full use of Carrey's talents, good special effects for kids. One of my favorite Carrey films along with Ace Ventura and The Truman Show
½ February 4, 2018
funny antihero, same old Carrey antics
January 13, 2018
i want him here tomorrow, alive..

The Mask

The Mask brings out everything alive from the cartoon and the comics with the help of Jim Carrey who is in tremendous form on his perfect comic timing.
December 12, 2017
GARBO. unwatchable. the only reason i didn't give it a half star is cause jim carrey is pretty awesome in it. but this movie is abysmal (about 2 viewings)
November 5, 2017
I love this movie. it was funny and got good actors.
September 25, 2017
the best Jim Carrey movie
September 14, 2017
It's a messy film, but Jim Carrey's dual role as an unlucky goof and inspired cartoon-to-life performance is the plot's driving point that makes it all the more fun.
September 8, 2017
Jim Carrey is silly in this movie when he comes across a mask he puts it on and things go out of control and he starts to like have powers and stops bad guys! I like how he says Smokin!!! As well as Somebody Stopped me!! A silly movie
August 22, 2017
September 2014
August 2017
August 3, 2017
A really decent flick from our master of comedy: Jim Carrey.
½ July 21, 2017
Call it a guilty pleasure or whatever, but I like this movie. Intellectually I recognize it is stupid as hell in many ways, but it works for me. Rare case where I go higher than the consensus. I mean let's not go crazy but ---> 7.4 out of 10
½ July 7, 2017
With great performances, great CGI at the time, and a good story, albeit somewhat generic, makes this film one of Jim Carreys all time best.
July 6, 2017
Still holds up. A classic.
½ July 2, 2017
Another Jim carry movie that is fun but not serious
June 25, 2017
I was very surprised that this wasn't just a regular comedy, and that this was actually very well directed, with great cinematography, performances, and effects! I also liked the tone a lot! The score was also good! The writing is fine. I was a little surprised that there was surprisingly little of Jim Carrey wearing The Mask. He gives a great performance by the way. I can't say I laughed too much, but not because it wasn't funny, it just wasn't stuff that made me laugh out loud. Overall, I was surprised that this was more than just a comedy, and that it was very well made. I think I'd like the show a bit more, despite Jim Carrey not voicing, because it would probably have more of The Mask, and be more of what I want to see. It would also be animated, which is a plus. It'd probably remind me of Freakazoid, another one of my favorites! (Shows.)