The Mask - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mask Reviews

September 25, 2017
the best Jim Carrey movie
September 14, 2017
It's a messy film, but Jim Carrey's dual role as an unlucky goof and inspired cartoon-to-life performance is the plot's driving point that makes it all the more fun.
September 8, 2017
Jim Carrey is silly in this movie when he comes across a mask he puts it on and things go out of control and he starts to like have powers and stops bad guys! I like how he says Smokin!!! As well as Somebody Stopped me!! A silly movie
August 22, 2017
September 2014
August 2017
August 3, 2017
A really decent flick from our master of comedy: Jim Carrey.
½ July 21, 2017
Call it a guilty pleasure or whatever, but I like this movie. Intellectually I recognize it is stupid as hell in many ways, but it works for me. Rare case where I go higher than the consensus. I mean let's not go crazy but ---> 7.4 out of 10
½ July 7, 2017
With great performances, great CGI at the time, and a good story, albeit somewhat generic, makes this film one of Jim Carreys all time best.
July 6, 2017
Still holds up. A classic.
½ July 2, 2017
Another Jim carry movie that is fun but not serious
June 25, 2017
I was very surprised that this wasn't just a regular comedy, and that this was actually very well directed, with great cinematography, performances, and effects! I also liked the tone a lot! The score was also good! The writing is fine. I was a little surprised that there was surprisingly little of Jim Carrey wearing The Mask. He gives a great performance by the way. I can't say I laughed too much, but not because it wasn't funny, it just wasn't stuff that made me laugh out loud. Overall, I was surprised that this was more than just a comedy, and that it was very well made. I think I'd like the show a bit more, despite Jim Carrey not voicing, because it would probably have more of The Mask, and be more of what I want to see. It would also be animated, which is a plus. It'd probably remind me of Freakazoid, another one of my favorites! (Shows.)
½ June 18, 2017
although i loathe the sequel this is a brilliant comedy and who knew jim carrey is a pretty good singer
May 16, 2017
A perfect dark Jim Carrey comedy. Much better than the Cable Guy.
May 11, 2017
One of the funniest satires of the super-hero movies genre. Jim Carrey was the perfect choice for the role and with his carisma and energy, the material was elevated very easily. It might have some predictable problems, but in the end we don't need to take sort of stuff too seriously. So have fun!
½ May 2, 2017
Smokin!!!! Some body stopped me!!!! A fun filled movie
April 22, 2017
One of Jim Carrey's best movies. I watched the Animated Series all the time when I was just a few years old. Rob Paulsen did at least as good a job voice acting Stanley Ipkiss and The Mask as Jim Carrey did live acting them.
April 17, 2017
Faithful to the comic's? Hell no but is it a really enjoyable movie? Yes....
March 31, 2017
The mask staring Jim Carrie was a funny movie what I think is funny my favorite line in this movie was Smoking that made me laugh. So if you need a funny movie see this one!
March 22, 2017
One of the funniest films on my list
February 24, 2017
My childhood favorite movie!
January 28, 2017
This review will be short, but the mask is directly put the fun. Jim Carrey entertains a fine performance as a man, which becomes the mask by means of limitless, especially stretchy green-faced dudes. Comic story line playing, and especially Carrey doing the best performance. One of the best comedies.