Kingpin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kingpin Reviews

June 11, 2016
What an awful film! So boring and unfunny, Bill Murray could hardly even attempt to save it!
½ March 5, 2010
One of the Farrelly brothers' best comedies, full of wonderfully bizarre gags and hilarious performances. Despite not writing the original screenplay you can easily see how they morphed it into something that bares all their hallmarks (crude and occasionally mean spirited humor that's offset by a sincere demand for the audience to love the characters).
½ March 16, 2016
Man, people are harsh critics. It's a goofy comedy for god's sake.
½ February 27, 2016
Absolutely horrible movie! I wish that I could forget watching it. Just disgusting.
½ February 24, 2016
Kingpin is one of the funniest films of the 1990s and easily one of the Farrelly Brothers' best and most accessible pictures. It balances a number of elements -- the underdog Sports film, the Comedy, the Road Trip movie, the Human Interest Drama, even the Romance -- and shapes it all into something special with terrific performances, endlessly quotable lines, and high replay value.
February 22, 2016
Half hearted build up and sudo pessimistic let down, with abduction and a half baked romance and lukewarm ending tacked on. Clearly the Farrelly's were on to something..or at least on something during the conception of this insipid piece of mediocre movie comedy.
February 6, 2016
Hands down one if the greatest comedies.
December 22, 2015
One of the best comedies of the 90s.
½ December 10, 2015
I generally enjoy Farrelly brothers movies, but this one didn't do anything for me. The story is implausible (to the point of stupidity), the comedy is lower than common denominator and completely unfunny, and the acting is pathetically bad. Vanessa Angel is the only good part of this movie.
November 24, 2015
This movie is a true 90's comedy. I thought it was very funny and a great movie because i love the sport of bowling.
November 17, 2015
This movie just works. It made me laugh HARD. It also took risks, which probably were not easy.
November 15, 2015
I KNOW I,M GO TOO SEE KINGPIN THE MOVIE STARRING HARRELSON IN THE MOVIE
August 6, 2015
"Kingpin" is a prime example of the Farrelly brother's abilities to spin lowbrow humor into something special.
November 8, 2015
The movies excessive use of shock humor and stupidity take away any fun that could be had with this film.
September 12, 2007
As a barrel of easy, unsophisticated laughs, Kingpin delivers in spades.
½ July 9, 2011
the film has grown on me a little over the years. I expected more dumb and dumber at the time and dismissed it straight away. This is a completely different film and is almost slapstick humour more in common with Zucker comedies. Much more fun and heart then I remembered, humour is for the fans but you'll laugh every now and then.
½ August 6, 2015
I love sports movies.
July 23, 2007
Maybe, I was just in the wrong mood for this one, or maybe it was just one of the most god-awful films I've ever seen in my life with the only redeeming quality being Bill Murray's villain. I see what the Farrelly brothers were doing here, but wow, it just did not work at all and, I usually love their style as well. I'm more than interested in watching this with the commentary by the brothers on it which might help me understand why so many loved this one back in '96. I never thought I'd ever say this about a Farrelly brothers film, but I almost fully hated this effort.
April 13, 2015
Still has some magical comedy gold moments. Bill Murray lifts the film to a different level when he's in it.
February 14, 2015
Some really good laughs to be had watching this film