Jack Frost - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jack Frost Reviews

October 2, 2016
I really enjoyed this one. There were so many cheesy lines that I could see a group of friends getting together every winter to watch this one, and shout the lines at the TV, just like with Rocky Horror Picture Show. I also thought the beginning with the grandpa telling the kid a story very amusing. If I had kids, this is probably something I would do.

There were bits with gore, but that too was amusing, and you could tell way before hand how someone was going to get killed. I'm not one of those horror loving people who can tell you all the various actors/directors and what they've done, but I did recognize Shannon Elizabeth from Saved by the Bell. She played a horny teenager, and it made me wonder if she made this one before or after American Pie. (Checked and this one was before.)

Small spoiler....

The one thing I couldn't get over at the end, but in a good way, was that the son made his dad some oats and put antifreeze in it to "Keep him warm". When the dad found out he just laughed. All I could think was, Your kid is trying to kill you, and you just laugh it off??? But it amused me, and this will probably be the only thing I remember if you ask me about this movie ten years from now.
½ July 31, 2016
I remember seeing this as a kid in most VHS rental stores horror section. Always caught my eye because of the lenticular cover. I wanted to rent it but wasn't allowed as it was an 18. I saw it in That's entertainment on DVD
after not seeing it since I was a kid. Right blast from the past. But unfortunately its the worst film I've ever seen. Only watched for nostalgic reasons. Utterly ridiculous.
July 28, 2016
it so bad and silly its good to laugh at as they try to take it serious but come on
July 18, 2016
Jack Frost is a very interesting comedy horror film. I thought the idea of a killer snowman film was interesting, and the poster art was cool too. So I gave this one a shot, and to my surprise, quite enjoyed it.The film is a B movie, but it manages to be a lot of fun. This is the type of film that one must shut off your brain to enjoy. I think that this film is underrated a bit. Yes, it's silly, bad and unbelievable, but that's the whole point of this film. I don't think the filmmakers tried to do something serious with this film. The result is a humorous comedy horror film that has many chuckles thrown in. I liked this film, and I appreciate the change of pace of the usual formula that most horror comedy tends to use. Jack Frost is different, and that's what I found refreshing. I enjoyed the silliness of this film and the second film. If you're in the mood for something fun and different and enjoy a decent B movie, then this is the film for you. Sure the film is uneven, but it does succeed in being entertaining, and if you can get by the fact that it's really silly, then you're sure to enjoy this film. Not a great film, but good enough to be an interesting hour and thirty minutes. A cool little horror comedy with more laughs than actual horror, a fun film to watch with friends.
July 13, 2016
Cheesy effects, fake looking snowman, atrocious acting to say the least. This film is blast from beginning to end! This would be one to watch over the season for holiday cheese entertainment.
½ December 31, 2015
So there I was browsing Amazon Prime videos.. For some reason I decided to give this film a go.. I never got to the end... I couldn't work out if this actually a horror or a comedy horror. Either way it fails at both attempts. Ridiculous plot, pathetic acting.. You kind of see where I'm going with this. Save yourself the effort... Don't.
December 8, 2015
worse than the Keaton one. Not even bad in an enjoyable way.
November 20, 2015
Jack Frost is actually one joke low budget film. Snowman who kills people (ha-ha), yes it's pretty funny idea, but not for the full length. 89 minutes of these nonsense is pretty boring. Obviously this will work better as the short.
October 5, 2015
Love this classic horror =]
½ October 2, 2015
Must have watched this film nearly twenty times.
September 7, 2015
A narration from a demon spawn which starts the movie off? You know it's dead on arrival!
½ July 13, 2015
Going into detail of how sordid this horror film would be a waste of time, as it was for it's viewers, but even more for it's crew.
April 11, 2015
A fun old slasher film. It was very wanting in the creature FX department, but that doesn't stop it from being incredibly enjoyable. The film has a great over-the-top tone and decent editing, plus death scenes are hilarious. 'Jack Frost' deserves it cult status.
February 13, 2015
Worst rated christmas movie? I'm curious.
½ December 22, 2014
Well I'll give them props for coming up with interesting powers and abilities for the snowman. But other than that.........yeah it's pretty bad.
½ December 20, 2014
I remember enjoying this as a kid when it came out, and I can still see why I did. It was (and still is) so bad it's good. Well, sort of. Back in the 90s when I first saw this I thought it was the dumbest, most absurd horror movie idea I had heard of. Now older and wiser I know that there are many dumb and absurd horror movies out there, but Jack Frost still has its charms. It plays for comedy and it is pretty funny at times, though the hilarity comes from bad dialogue, acting, or cheap effects (the low budget car crash being particularly funny).

Even with it being a relatively quick watch that flies by, the movie doesn't offer much and it does wear out its welcome pretty fast. Jack Frost quickly becomes an annoying version of Chucky towards the end. I can only recommend this movie for one thing and that's to see Shannon Elizabeth (pre-American Pie) getting raped by a snowman. That sounds so terrible, and it is, but it's one of those few cinematic moments that come along once in a lifetime. It has to be seen to be believed. Other than that one scene you'll probably forget the rest of the movie (like I did).
½ December 16, 2014
While this is an older film and slightly low budget, I thoroughly enjoyed it from a horror/comedy standpoint.
December 4, 2014