Anastasia Reviews

• Apr 13, 2021

This movie has a few problems, but for 'Once Upon A December' I forgive them all.

• Mar 31, 2021

Beautiful I liked it in general the fantasy and everything, at first when I was younger I didn't always like it until I got older

• Mar 09, 2021

Pros: Competently animated & voice acted. Cons: It was an extremely inaccurate tale based off a real family who died horribly & tragically. They didn't get one iota of Rasputin's character right, & they even pronounced Anastasia's name wrong. The movie is insulting.

• Feb 25, 2021

Great and wonderful non-Disney movie.

Great and wonderful non-Disney movie.

• Feb 20, 2021

With great animation and music, this is a great example of animated musicals outside of Disney.

• Feb 14, 2021

It just seems that if you're going to make a movie called "Anastasia," that it be somewhat historical. I don't know. It's still a decent animated flick, but it doesn't inspire me to find out more about Anastasia.

• Jan 15, 2021

My favorite animated film.

My favorite animated film.

• Jan 10, 2021

One of the best non-Disney animated films of the 90s, along with The Prince of Egypt.

• Dec 29, 2020

6/10 mediocre and sugar-coated

6/10 mediocre and sugar-coated

• Dec 17, 2020

Anastasia 1997 This is not a film I would recommend for Historical accuracy but is good from a visual art aspect as well as a fictitious story. This is a good way to be introduced to the visual looks of Russian and France of Saint Petersburg Russia from 1916-1926. I think the musical score and some of the songs get you hooked into the story. Very good story. Christopher Lloyd plays a very good bad guy in this film. Even though this film is not historical accurate one thing that stands out to me is the visuals look of this film. It is impressive seeing the artwork in the film. I like how the jewelry, sparkling thing look visual, the wide shots in this film showing vast areas and the visual look of their period from 1916 Russian Romanovs, 1926 Soviet Russia, and 1926 France looks. I loved how the textures in fabrics and architecture look in this film. I think this film does a good job on voice acting and getting you invested in the characters.