Whatever It Takes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Whatever It Takes Reviews

July 5, 2016
One of the best of 2000
½ November 9, 2015
Pretty good movie. Has romance and although the story isn't original, the events that take place make the movie one worth watching. I liked James Franco in this.
½ June 12, 2015
Teen romance shit and fetus stars. You can feel the 2000 era in every scene
March 22, 2015
Jaaames Fraanco and Shaane Wessst
½ February 20, 2015
A decent teen coming of age film. Lots of good performances within a decent plot. I especially liked the performance of Marla Sokoloff as the intellectual teen Maggie Carter. I will admit the plot is formulaic but still highly entertaining. The obvious meaning to the film is that many people miss love right in front of their face & romantically pursue the wrong people. This film reminded me a lot of John Tucker Must Die (2006) & Trojan War (1997) with Jennifer Love Hewitt. Definitely a look at teen speak & late teen mentalities on love & dating. I will admit I laughed quite a bit in the film.
November 12, 2014
August 11, 2014
What I got to say about "Whatever It Takes" is that it's movie that is "really charming vibe to it!" The performances in this movie are fine. The directing by David Raynr is good. This screenplay by Mark Schwahn is fine. The cinematography is okay. And the score in this movie is decent. "I personally don't know if it's trying to be a comedy or a drama." Why I say that is because there moments that "it tries to be funny, when really it's really not." So I found this as romantic story with a drama vibe to it because I seen lot of romantic and drama in the story-line.
August 9, 2014
(First and only viewing - 8/27/2009)
½ April 27, 2014
funny 90s high school romcom. cinematic masterpiece it's not, but definitely fun to watch.
February 16, 2014
not realistic but james franco :(
½ June 2, 2013
too,, predictable :I
½ May 19, 2013
Again passed the time with a bit of rubbish
April 27, 2013
Hilarious and so over the top cute; basically everything a feel-good chick flick is made out of. Of course it was extremely cliched, and I would never call this Oscar nomination quality, but it's enjoyable to say the least. We all have a soft spot for these types of movies...at least I do.
½ April 24, 2013
prettty good n abit romantic
½ January 22, 2013
I have a long, sored history with this film. Kind of cheesy, but funny. First thing I ever saw James Franco in, he did quite well. Plus, any kind of we're-only-friends love stories I tend to dig.
December 7, 2012
.......................
November 28, 2012
Wow ! I can't remember when was the last time I watched this movie!! Very cheesy but enjoyable.
October 13, 2012
So funny... love this movie!!!!
May 8, 2012
it was a very good movie, how sometimes you don't know about you real feelings until when the person you love feels be out of your reach, and ashley, she wasn't really in love with him, he was just someone who was different for her, someone who told her mean things which never had happened to her and because she is used to get all the guys she want he was a kind of her goal, something to reach to prove to herself that she is good enough and ryan thought he loved her but when he got to know her he realized that he wasn't really in love with her, that she was just someone he though was good looking and mistook his feelings
March 31, 2012
First movie my boyfriend and I saw together. I love it!! Plus look at those boys!!