Crossroads - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crossroads Reviews

June 15, 2016
Crossroads is a disappointing film. It is about three best friends who take a road trip across the country. Britney Spears and Zoe Saldana give horrible performances. The script is badly written. Tamra Davis did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
November 25, 2015
this is great but i wish you can wacth the movies
½ October 8, 2015
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
August 23, 2015
I think I saw a part of this movie as I was flipping channels and I wanted to shoot myself for even those brief minutes.
July 5, 2015
Two stars for the nostalgia that will always hit me right in my 90's girl heart.
March 31, 2015
...stereotype much? "Crossroads" brings a new meaning to cliché through its unoriginal plot and painfully bad dialogue. Still, it succeeds in capturing the pop culture of a generation and reminding us why we have moved on. The clothing and makeup seem ridiculous at times, but it is truly authentic and even nostalgic for those of us who remember "those days." It also manages to preserve the good girl heartthrob image of Britney Spears that defined the beginning of her career. The movie seems to be unintentionally symbolic of Spears' career as she goes from innocent teen to sex symbol... or perhaps it was strategically used as propaganda to present her in this new light. The acting isn't particularly bad as one might expect. Dan Akroyd makes an appearance, we get to see a young Zoe Saldana, and Spears portrays some impressive tears during her emotional breakdown. The real problem with this movie is its horrid script and (sadly) the singing. The characters are complete stereotypes, the soap opera-ish plot crams more teen struggles into 90 minutes than one would think possible, and the dialogue is simply awful. There was one unpredictable plot twist that resulted in a good moment of realization but the rest of this story is so pointless and mundane. Most of it feels like an excuse to show Spears wearing next-to-nothing (including several scenes in her underwear). By the third car-radio-sing-a-long, I was ready to turn it off. Spears became less impressive each time that she interpreted another pop song with her distinctive nasal tone with that throaty sound that begins each phrase. I've always been a big fan of her music but I found myself thinking "Oh no, she's going to sing again!" every time that a new song began. Sometimes it is worth watching a film along the lines of "Spice World" as an opportunity to relive the culture of a generation, but I can honestly say that the only people who will enjoy "Crossroads" are the ones with a crush on Britney Spears.
March 17, 2015
I saw this is theaters with my Mom in 2002. We both loved this. It had a good plot to it.
March 5, 2015
Not bad. She wasn't as bad as I thought she would be.
December 31, 2014
Completely predictable, but it's a sweet little movie for the teen-set .
½ November 24, 2014
zoe saldana's really great. britney has good abs.
½ November 2, 2014
Crossroads is predictable and trivial celebrity stuff, but if you're into Britney Spears, it might not matter.
August 22, 2014
I confess being close to Britney some of my rating of this movie is attributable to an undeniable bias but then everyone's afforded a small handful. Road trip movies are always fun even if they are cast by women and knowing both Zoe and Brit makes it easier to lose yourself in a story like this. Never designed to be oscar material, it's good for its genre, even better for its target demographic and hard to not like in the same way you sing Wilson Philips with Harold and Akhmatova on your way to White Castle
June 19, 2014
Acting is bad and the plot is forgettable somehow it is passable for a young audience
April 19, 2014
all time favorite movie as a kid could watch over an over
½ January 24, 2014
such a great chick flick :)) these girls are so likable together very entertaining !!
January 4, 2014
Britney Spears, Zoe Zaldana, Anston Mount, Dan Akroyd, Justin Long, Taryn Manning and Kim Cattrall. AND Shonda Rhimes (Greys Anatomy & Scandal) wrote the script! The movie is awesome. Honestly, a total chick flick. It's funny, sad, romantic, clever, musical, and it has an awesome roadtrip story. Why do people hate it? Because Britney Spears is in it. Well, if your gonna judge it based on that and not watch it, than you are REALLY missing out on a great movie. Besides, Britney does great in it. I bet if you're not a 100% Britney hater, you'll see that her acting abilities surprise you.

Do yourself a favor, and watch it already.
½ January 3, 2014
One of the worst film i have ever seen. The cast is acting terribly, the story is awfully cliche and nothing is interesting in this ode to Britney Spears. Total dud.
December 22, 2013
It really delivers. Some may say Brit's not a good actress but she did well. It has good drama and laughs that made me love this movie.