Date Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Date Movie Reviews

½ January 8, 2017
Date Movie is a take on parody of the "romance" genre of many films, and man, is it bad. It's in fact horrible. This film had quite some potential but the pop culture references and the extremely uncomfortable long lasting sequences ruined this film in a really horrible way. By the first 10 minutes the film goes rock bottom and forgets anything "enjoyable" that maybe would have happened. This is not anything like "Austin Powers", "The Naked Gun", or even "Airplane". This is a completely uncomfortable rushed parody film with a budget lower than the reviews for this film. Go into this film expecting a really uncomfortable experience. Not even slightly funny.
November 1, 2016
Irritating, gross and unfunny, with acting that makes Tommy Wiseau look like an Oscar winner.
½ October 1, 2016
Garbage. Pure garbage.
½ July 20, 2016
Another "Scary Movie" rip-off that's insulting and unfunny.
½ April 2, 2016
Date movie is a Comedy that is trying to get a laugh. This film is a stupid spoof movies of ALL spoof movies. Just for the first five minutes of the opening credits I was wanting to like shut down my television and just say why, why did I killed my eyes to see this film. This film is starring ALYSON HANNIGAN, which as you may know from her comity is from Buffy the Vampire, American pie, and everyone's favorite how I Met your mother. And oh my God I think that she desperately needed for money to be in this stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid movie! I have not had a single damn laugh out of this whole goddamn movie! I hated this film hated this film. hated hated hated this film!!! Every single scene I want to gag out of my fucking mouth just by the stupidity of this god awful film. This movie is the worst film I have ever seen in my fucking life.
I'm not fucking around here I need a fucking drink or painkillers just by seeing this awful film. This is a awful film to go see you don't see this awful film I swear to God, you will hate it!!!!!

This film get a 0/10
Terrible!!!
April 1, 2016
Better than most of the Seltzer & Friedberg spoof films, but that isn't saying much.
February 13, 2016
I double-billed this with Kevin & Perry and it seems as though this is America's answer to ridiculous, infantile humour. I'm not against that, I just prefer wit over fat jokes. The film references are what I stay for. That's my jam. Plus I love Alyson Hannigan. But she could probably do a lot better than this!
½ December 30, 2015
A terrible unfunny spoof which gets very tiring and boring about a quarter of the way through. It tries to be funny but fails miserably by trying to take the mic out of lots of romantic comedies. The jokes aren't funny and exaggerated which make them even stupider to watch. A poor effort.
December 17, 2015
Basically it's a series of unfunny sketch comedy while taking different scenes from different rom-coms and stringing them together and the only thing that makes this sort of bearable is it has some great comedic talent, but they have nothing to work with here. A terrible movie.
½ October 24, 2015
It would be a sin, to even call this a Movie.
October 8, 2015
This movie is atrocious. The attempted jokes are insulting to the human race as a whole. It does not even begin to understand the concept of parody. The plot is barely visible between a collection of unfunny scrap-cuts. The acting is inexistent, every line sounds like a read from a pre-schooler. The whole thing seems to have been put together over a weekend, as appearently everybody involved wanted nothing but to grab the money get out of this embarrassing experience. It is best summed up in one of its own scenes: A whole minute and twenty seconds dedicated to a cat crapping into a toilet. A complete failure.
½ September 27, 2015
Funny enough to see , had enough smile's and sexy stuff in it , had a nice time watching this ...that's all that matters . SOMDVD
August 21, 2015
Perhaps not as vulgar as previous installments, but certainely as crude. Date Movie portrays a young, obese romantic fall in love with a Prince Charming like figure in a gross, crude romcom spoof. Decent actors with pretty ordinary screenplay and script, Date Movie will deliver a few of it's designated laughs but ultimately leave you unsatisfied.
½ June 30, 2015
The worst movie ever made.
June 12, 2015
Even as an youngster, this movie was dull for comedy.
½ June 7, 2015
This felt like they took a group of eleven-year old boys and told them to write a funny movie. They failed.
½ June 6, 2015
Worst spoof movie ever.
½ May 19, 2015
Yes the romantic comedy cliche' movies need to be "spoofed" with proper screenwriters that aren't Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg (who directed the film)! the film is written "everything is wrong with hollywood" all over it! The satire is old the racism is old and not funny. The film mocks celebrities like Barbara Streisand and Will smith two very talented actors. Yes the film is funny as hell, but the writers are uncreative. I don't get it why do the directors Aaron Seltzer, Jason Friedberg make fun of movies that were good? They really hate good movies. They pick on films because the films have talent itself and they don't. Grade D+
May 17, 2015
From Two of the six writers of Scary Movie...well they obviously weren't the ones with talent.