The Informant! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Informant! Reviews

August 18, 2017
most annoying but amusing character since John candy planes trains & automobiles
July 12, 2017
Very predictable. I thought it would be light and comical, but it was just slow and easy to tell where the plot was headed from the start.
July 9, 2017
Craziness. Reminded me of someone I know.
July 8, 2017
Just boring dialogs.
June 25, 2017
Quirky and fast paced, full of lies and deceit, twisting information and fake-outs by an odd scummy pathological liar well performed by Matt Damon. Kind of funny in a weird satirical way. Not terribly exciting though.
½ April 5, 2017
Is this documentary quality? The more the answer is "yes" then that's how much better the movie is. The more it is fiction, the less value this movie has. It's pretty mind-boggling that the level of fraud could be so dramatic but proves once again the near-worthlessness of the CPA profession in certifying the value of the financial statements.
February 21, 2017
Grade - C
It's got a fun performance by Matt Damon and stylish direction from Soderbergh, but not one I'll be rushing back to see any time soon.
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 8, 2016
I get it, rich people steal and do not get punished like the regular criminals. We didn't need another Ocean's 11 cast reunion to figure this out again.
August 16, 2016
Una inteligente película basada en hechos reales. Mark Withacre (Matt Damon) trabaja para una industria agrícola. Decide convertirse en un soplón del FBI mientras teje una complicadísima maraña para quedarse al mando de la empresa y sacar el máximo provecho económico de ello. Sus mentiras generarán un halo de patriota cuándo en realidad se trataba de un delincuente tratando de salirse con la suya con mucha habilidad.
½ June 25, 2016
Interesting that it is a true story - but difficult to connect/empathise with any of the characters
June 7, 2016
I just didn't get its humor.
December 2, 2015
Matt Damon is so confident and charismatic as a compulsive liar who becomes an unusual corporate whistleblower for the FBI, and even if the narrative is not as compelling as it could be, this is a nice film that manages to be interesting in all its oddness.
½ November 17, 2015
Matt Damon plays up the foolish character quite well but, ultimately, the movie isn't that funny and started to become to dull to follow in the second act. It's nice that Scott Bakula is still getting work, though.
½ October 4, 2015
This is a fantastic film. I didn't seem to find any problems with it. I have been wanting to see this for a very long time and I was not disappointed. It's something about the music and the edition that it makes me feel really good while watching this.
August 13, 2015
Pour son dernier film avant sa période froide, Steven Soderbergh livre une comédie hilarante au twist bien plus efficace que bon nombre de thrillers contemporains, porté par une interprétation parfaite d'un Matt Damon qui prouve une nouvelle fois que c'est un des plus grands acteurs du moment. Avec son casting rempli d'acteurs comiques (Tony Hale, Joel McHale, Patton Oswalt, Tom Papa) dans des rôles plutôt sérieux et sa bande-son composée par le grand Marvin Hamlisch, The Informant est extrêmement efficace, passionnant et surtout fascinant, surtout quand on sait que c'est une histoire vraie. Probablement pas son meilleur, mais une sacrée réussite tout de même.
½ June 14, 2015
Matt Damon is incredible in this fun but sometimes overly complicated movie.
May 31, 2015
Great story made less believable by keystone cops channeling
Watch Mark Whitacres true story via his website
March 29, 2015
"The Informant!" has plenty of twists and turns that will leave you completely surprised and laughing hysterically. It's one of those true stories that's so insane it has to be true, if only because no writer would have the guts to create a tale with so many ups and downs and manic developments for our main character. It has a lot of great performances, particularly from Matt Damon and it's a smart film that knows your comedy doesn't need to go for the easy route to get some genuine laughs. The comedy comes from the dialogue and the situations that our hero gets himself in, no people getting hit on the head with hammers or getting caught in compromising situations after a night of binge drinking. If that's what you're prepared to see, you'll have a great time. It's suspenseful and hilarious so you better be prepared to dedicate some time after the film to look up the true story just so you can find out even more about Mark Whitacre and all the other people involved. (On Dvd, September 2, 2012)
March 4, 2015
Didn't care for the movie.