A Ghost Story Reviews

• 5m ago

Makes you think about where your life went.

Makes you think about where your life went.

• 1d ago

C'mon Lowery, I was happy today.

C'mon Lowery, I was happy today.

• Sep 05, 2019

It's slow, but completely extraordinary, relaxing, meditating and perfect, A Ghost Story makes Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara act beautiful and amazing.

• Aug 20, 2019

Slow burn. Completely rewarding. Circle of life, onslaught of time, etc. If it was possible I'd give this 6 stars.

• Aug 09, 2019

Perfect film, but not for people who can't watch a movie with next to no dialogue.

• Jul 10, 2019

This one just wasn't my cup of tea. It's strange since I had been looking forward to watching this one ever since I saw the trailer for it. A Ghost Story is about a young musician (Casey Affleck) and his wife (Rooney Mara). The musician want's to stay where they are, but his wife wants to leave. One day unfortunately the musician dies in a car accident. This is where it gets a bit creepy he comes back as a ghost and forever sort of haunts his home. He's portrayed as the sort of ghost that a kid might make out of sheets. He witnesses many things since he's sort of trapped there and before long it seems like he may forever have to walk this path. That's really about the most simple and how simple the plot is. The movie has very little dialogue and is told mostly through the visuals here. It's shot in a very strange aspect ratio giving off the feeling of an old home video. I did enjoy the performances, but man this one was just way too slow for my liking. There was so many times that they just sort of watch a character do something. Ever want to see Rooney Mara eat an entire pie for 4 plus minutes? Well guess what. It's a story about life and death and how even after you life keeps moving on. It's an inevitable thing and one of those ultimates we all have to deal with. For the most part this movie was just a bit too indie for me (and that's saying a lot) for most people I would say skip it, for any indie fans give it a rent at the very least to interpret and see what you get from it.

• Jun 30, 2019

Interesting ideas and cinematic experimentation abound (square aspect?! Mind blown!) in this ultra low budget thinker. Ultimately, nothing can save something this sluggish and meandering. Pointless, smartish, well-meaning film.

• Jun 23, 2019

No se mucho acerca del eterno retorno, me encanta la astronomia y la ciencia y mi cabeza volo literalmente cuando a mitad de la pelicula en una fiesta comun alguien habla de ciencia puesto que la pelicula encierra esta parte al inicio de amor, miedos, entendimiento y lo que suele suceder entre los humanos de forma mas terrenal pero cuando alcanza esta parte y todos prestan atencion fue el extasis debido a que lo que dice es lo que realmente se piensa en la ciencia y llendonos mas alla el final es apoteaosico puesto que como siempre he creido nosotros somos eternos puesto que la materia y eso que nos da vida llamada alma estan encerrados en una burburja de tiempo que da muerte y vida a la vez y con esta pelicula pude plasmar mi pensamiento y ver que no solo yo pienso de la misma forma. PELICULA QUE DEBE SER UN CLASICO. This is a master piece of sciencie, love, eternity and ghosts!! very very good movie.

• Jun 18, 2019

One of the best movies i have ever seen without doubt.

One of the best movies i have ever seen without doubt.

• Jun 16, 2019

Loved it! Watched it a few more times. Excellent camera work drags one into the infinitude, timelessness and nothingness of this 'limbo' the ghost is stuck in. Just blown away!