A Private War Reviews

• 4d ago

This was a pretty grim but also important work. Rosamund Pike was great. Can't say it was enjoyable but it was enlightening.

• May 11, 2019

Uma Guerra Pessoal (2018) #MovieReview 3,0 �� A estória da jornalista que cobriu diversas guerras como correspondente de guerra. Interessante.

• Apr 19, 2019

Americans need to see more films like this to witness suffering in the world, and also bravery like Marie and Paul. Why was this movie overlooked for Oscars? Too brutal?

• Apr 15, 2019

Grim, but certainly shows you the mental & physical toll someone in this profession can go through.

• Apr 15, 2019

Excellent docudrama about the life and death of a fearless international correspondent.

• Apr 09, 2019

It's mind boggling the danger reporters put themselves in. Very nicely done.

It's mind boggling the danger reporters put themselves in. Very nicely done.

• Apr 03, 2019

A private war succeeds in the fact that Marie Colvin's story needed to be told which in turn shed's some light on war torn civilians stories. The last act is good and feels tense even though we know what happens. Before this though, the film feels a bit bland and doesn't delve deep enough. The direction feels a bit stale for me and I could tell he was transitioning from documentary to fiction. A quite boring film that could've been more exciting, with terrific acting.

• Apr 01, 2019

This woman was dumb, even for a journalist.

This woman was dumb, even for a journalist.

• Mar 27, 2019

Good acting but too overdone script. Very in your face building or character.

Good acting but too overdone script. Very in your face building or character.

• Mar 23, 2019

very painful and raw. But we look away from the wars Marie covered at the peril of our very humanity.