A Private War Reviews

• Apr 24, 2020

A grinding, tense movie with a fine performance by Pike. Not particularly entertaining.

• Apr 06, 2020

Could've done better in depicting the troubled war zones. Libya and Qaddafi's section is paper thin and cartoonish, the events in Iraq shows Saddam's mass graves but fails to deliver a most important reality - that the mass graves were of 300,000 Kurds, not Arabs. Heineman make certain there is no mention of Kurds whatsoever, and the Kurdish Peshmerga (fighters) who deliver her to the Iraqi border, are reduced to potato traders whom Rosamund's Colvin screams at not to touch her as if they are some filthy dirtbags. The scene clearly depicts Arash Amel's (scriptwriter of Persian origin) hate of Kurds. Another line-crossing in my opinion is the out of place nudity scene (especially the close-up of her private parts) that unnecessarily reduces strong woman/heroine Marie Colvin to simply a sex object. Jiyan Dilan

• Mar 22, 2020

Rosamund Pike gives the best performance of her career in a gritty tale of truth, war, and what they both cost. Dead bodies are not the only casualties of war.

• Feb 09, 2020

Stunning movie - no glorification of war here, some amazing location shots, warts and all, all the actors produced superb performances. The cuts back and forth between home and the front lines reflected what life must be like. Straight into my top 10 movies, must be seen.

• Feb 01, 2020

It's well made and a kinda interesting story. But it's very depressing. No joy here.

• Jan 20, 2020

It shows the realities of war and why we don't hear all the info about them. It also shows the stories of the reporters who cover these events. It's not a feel good movie, but it should be viewed by anyone interested in world events. I can see why Rosamund Pike was nominated for best actress, it was well deserved.

• Jan 20, 2020

The story which tells is more interesting than the way it tells it.

The story which tells is more interesting than the way it tells it.

• Dec 06, 2019

Este es uno de los mejores papeles de Rosamund Pike junto con el de Gone Girl.

Este es uno de los mejores papeles de Rosamund Pike junto con el de Gone Girl.

• Nov 27, 2019

It's a good movie that I think everyone should see because of some of the historical portrayal and the cinematography. Acting is good too. Ending is very good. I enjoyed the Annie Lennox song at the beginning of the credits. But this movie is not a great movie.

• Sep 29, 2019

An honest portrayal; a reminder of Pikes talents.

An honest portrayal; a reminder of Pikes talents.