About Last Night - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

About Last Night Reviews

February 19, 2017
This movie is funny and hearfelt. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great supporting cast who brought the comedy big time and saved this movie from being just average.
January 19, 2017
Romantic comedy gets real, not sappy without .... Really funny for all the wrong reasons. Kevin Hart and Regina Hall are comic genius. Michael Ealy is the ultimate confused nice guy done wrong and Joy Bryant is....every woman looking for Mr. Right. They get it wrong at first because they both misread the situation. Both couples are perfect examples of the harsh realities of dating. The ones built on hate to love you and love to hate you. See the movie and try to figure out which couple fits the profiles. The point, don't force the fit. If you let it happen, all of it happen meaning the gray sex the love and hate, eventually evolution will happen. At the end you will be together romantic or a true friend who really knows you at your best and worst. It can be a win win. If you let it. Most importantly, Kevin Hart and Regina Hall show us all how it's done in less than two hours which is nothing short of comic genius. Kevin Hart has met his comic match in Regina Hall. Ms. Hall is tittering on greatness like Taraji Henson did for a bit. Her breakout roll is coming. She is wonderfully real and sharply funny. Hall and Hart are magical together and soooooo much fun to watch. Together they push each other to the limit, fearlessly exploring it all and bouncing up and off each other natural instincts. As for the more conventional, romantic couple, Ealy and Bryant are charming and beautiful. They are the straight man and woman but they hit all the buttons of everything right going wrong. They, like most couples, do and say everything right which is why they fail, at first. Funny romance, romantically funny. Romantic comedy that men will watch and laugh, in spite of themselves. The chicken(cluck and f@&k)and thanksgiving scenes are inspired.
½ December 15, 2016
Sometimes funny, but ultimately an uninteresting Romantic Comedy.
November 17, 2016
Predictable & typical but in no way boring. Kevin Hart & Regina Hall saved this movie from being a total snooze-fest. Actually they were pretty hilarious & I had some pretty good laughs. It's been bashed for being too crude & sexual for a "romcom", but its 2016 people. Trust me this was nothing, if anything just made it more fun & relatable to people in the real world.
½ July 30, 2016
Given It Is Originally A David Mamet Play, Be Aware There Is A Great Deal Of Swearing & Shouting At Each Other, But The Style Works With This Take On It All. It Works To A Point Tho, With A Few Key Scenes Really Very Funny (Or At Least I Found Them A Laugh)..The Rest Is Uncomfortable Or Boring. Even Tho Those Bits Add To It All There Isn't Much More Left To Go On When We Are Doing A Bit Of Story-Line To Shift From One Bit To The Next. In That Sense I Think The Material David Mamet Provides Is Ruined By Self-Abusing & Rude Protagonist Characters Done Quite Poorly.
July 24, 2016
Brilliantly funny and perfect acting!
July 16, 2016
an hilarious comedy-romantic movie that really works!!! mostly because of itīs charming casting that brings every scene with a sense of life seemed a few times in comedies this times.
July 10, 2016
Terrible movie. Its sexist, boring and not very well made. Its all about sex. The plot was uninteresting, Kevin hart actually sucked in this movie. There was nothing substantial to this film.
March 20, 2016
I enjoyed it. Kevin Hart always a treat.
½ March 4, 2016
Great movie. The plot does well to handle the ups-and-downs of long-term relationships, and is still very funny, packed full of the raunch modern audiences love, and has great performances, especially Hart and Hall.
½ February 13, 2016
Nice comedy and Kevin Hart is a blast. However,it's boring, the drama sucks, and was pretty predictable
½ January 26, 2016
SO funny. Reminded me about my love for rom-coms. It makes you laugh and warms your heart. What more could you want?
January 19, 2016
Regina Hall and Kevin have a few funny moments but other than that just okay
½ January 13, 2016
A witty romcom with an excellent cast.
½ December 26, 2015
Good rom-com, but felt twice as long as its run time.
December 21, 2015
great romance movie and comedy
November 27, 2015
I rarely give 5 stars on a movie but this movie made me laugh so hard throughout the movie my stomach hurt. The movie touched on the ups and downs of relationships while at the same time. Oh and it is the funniest film I have seen in years (yes plural).
November 19, 2015
An average remake in which the two leads try their best but don't have enough charm or good chemistry to make us care (especially when most of the conflicts feel artificial), and they get, alas, overshadowed by Hart and Hall as the intrusive comic relief secondary characters.
½ October 27, 2015
Not as good as the original.
October 20, 2015
It was a good film, however without Kevin hart in it I don't think it would of been funny!