Reviews

• Jul 05, 2021

After 10 minutes of relentless hyper-deformed, hyper-excessive facial expressions I had to stop the view because I fell in a true physical discomfort. So sorry to say that; I loved Carrey's acting in other movies and respect him!, but in his first movies he was unbearable to me. Luckily later he found a "balance" between acting and unleashing the greatest number of strange faces per minute.

• Jun 25, 2021

Jim Carrey offers a fine performance here, and with Carrey's comedic flare and the setup, this could be a genuine classic, but the film just doesn't offer a genuinely interesting story. 5.4/10, C

• May 05, 2021

Jim Carey hilarious.

Jim Carey hilarious.

• Apr 17, 2021

It's trash, but I think that it's wanted, it hasn't got a good story. But fortunately it can be funny in some bits.

• Apr 02, 2021

I know this film is beloved by many. I also know that Jim Carrey is very talented but I found it to be childish and unfunny. I was shocked that anyone would sit through this, no less through a sequel. Maybe I just don't get the humor- but I am ok with that.

• Mar 15, 2021

A Pet Detective? Yea Jim Carrey much like Adam Sandler's earlier films is the best than the current films. This is a cult classic and a must-watch for anyone wanting a fun comedic film. Laugh and laugh and laugh. Jim Carrey (Ace Ventura) Helping the Miami Dolphins search for the team Mascott Snow Flake the Dolphin, which was actually a real Dolphin that was in a tank in the infield of the Miami Dolphins Stadium during the early years of the team.

• Feb 14, 2021

Carrey basically plays himself in the role as a loony Pet Detective and just like the crazy mannerisms of Ace the films’s script is scattered all over the place.

• Feb 07, 2021

When this movie originally aired I was in my 20's and I laughed so hard I couldn't breath. It has NOT aged well. Or I matured. Whatever the root cause I can't watch it without without feeling it's just dumb now. I tried watching it with my young nephews and they are too sophisticated to truly find it humorous. *sigh* Kinda bums me out. Kinda wish that we could hold onto some of that innocence that made fart jokes funny. Or at least maybe find a couple hours a month when Jim Carey's brand of stupid silly still could make me laugh that hard again.

• Jan 22, 2021

Love Jim Carrey's performance

Love Jim Carrey's performance

• Dec 20, 2020

I dont understand bad reviews about this film, this is one very unique and original funny comedy, with great acting by Jim Carrey.