Action Point Reviews

• 5d ago

Knoxville is a shadow of his former self.

Knoxville is a shadow of his former self.

• Sep 07, 2019

‘Action point' isn't the worst thing to come out. While the chemistry between the cast (particularly Pontius and Knoxville) can be good and the plot may be enough, everything else just...is not.

• Sep 05, 2019

Action Point Entertained me for what it was, although it lacks on the plot side of things, i still think its good, i also laughed a lot.

• Aug 24, 2019

I thought this movie was great I love the all of the Jackass movies, but they all lacked a story line. I liked that jackass was just a bunch of dumb stunts but this was a bunch of dumb stunts with a great story. I think this is one of my top 5 favorite movies and I'm still confused why so many people didn't like it.

• Aug 21, 2019

There is very few good things in this movie, in fact, this movie is so awful, it's laughable. The comedy is the main genre and yet there is almost nothing to laugh about. Very dull characters and very poor plot. It's one of those movies where it's so bad, it's funny.

• Aug 09, 2019

Hilarious performance from the cast. Brilliant writing from Johnny Knoxville.

Hilarious performance from the cast. Brilliant writing from Johnny Knoxville.

• Jul 28, 2019

This movie is action point. Not jackass. You wouldnt give star wars a one star review because you wanted another empire strikes back. This movie was very feel good and belongs with the other "stupid funny" films like Hotrod for example. Will definitely watch it again. The reviews mostly show how poor of a review servive tomatoes is. Bird box has 3-4 star while this has 1. Wow. Garbage reviews.

• Jul 11, 2019

Fun blend of a dumb 80s camp movie and a heart warming father daughter story

Fun blend of a dumb 80s camp movie and a heart warming father daughter story

• Jun 23, 2019

This movie felt like the son of jackass on steroids, without the really next level crazy cast. The performance of the actors was really great and felt real believable even for the tension filled and emotional scenes. Nothing out of the ordinary but still pretty good. The directing was really heavy on the practical shooting and did every single stunt in real life with added safety measures. And for most of the time there weren't even stunt doubles, and for this hats off to Johnny Knoxville for still being able to pull of some crazy things to hurt himself just to entertain. For this the entertainment value of the movie was good and overall it was fun to watch, the only bad thing about the movie was the cheesy script and sometimes cliche story. Due to this the immersion sometimes was broken. The bi-linear story-line felt too simple and to generic for most viewers even though the rest of the movie was executed with style and care. Overall it's an above average movie with a great production crew and humor filled scenes, even though the humor did not shine as much as expected. At the core the movie has a sweet message but sadly it was delivered in the cheesy way.

• Jun 19, 2019

Amusing little summer flick featuring the wiley shenanigans of Johnny Knoxville. It's nowhere near as good as Bad Grandpa, but it's still got some decent funny bits. Not as bad as the RT scores make it out to be. Plus it's short, so it doesn't overstay its welcome.