Addams Family Values - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Addams Family Values Reviews

November 16, 2017
I liked this movie. Good comedy. Clever and quality.
November 10, 2017
A really good movie for halloween and a great movie itself.
½ October 31, 2017
Continuing the non-stop barrage of hilariously cartoony gags and one-liners that powered the original, and even now giving a surprisingly biting commentary on common prejudice, Addams Family Values is another round of creepy, if more repetitive and crass, fun.
October 30, 2017
The Addams family welcomes a new baby and they hire a devious gold-digger nanny portrayed by Joan Cusack, a very funny villain for the family. This sequel is easily better than the original, with new dark comedy jokes that reached a higher and funnier level. I wonder if I Morticia and Wednesday are the best dark characters ever: Such style and coldness!
October 19, 2017
If Halloween and the spooky nights are around the corner, then there is no better movie to watch to celebrate the season! The Addams Family characters return in all their kooky, macabre styles, with the addition of a scary new baby and a scheming sister-in-law. Debbie's overblown performance adds a funny, manic and threatening tone to this terrific tale of family love. There are SO many creative and memorable scenes: the superbly sultry tango, the camp play fiasco, the one-handed car chase, and the electric chair slide show. An excellent and truly original production--fun to watch every year!
October 15, 2017
This is better and funnier than the first. This rare to find a sequel like that.
September 3, 2017
excellent family fun
August 18, 2017
This movie is my favorite movie ever
½ August 13, 2017
I remember watching this movie at the cinemas and remembering how much better than the original film it was. The first film had a muddled story but it created the groundwork for the family dynamic, which is the heart and soul of the film series. The film failed terribly at the box office, essentially killing the franchise dead in its tracks, I couldn't understand the reason for ignoring this film. Looking back it is still a superior film, the humour is right on target and the plot has improved so much, the first film had a weak premise with superb casting. This film should of been the stepping stone for at two more sequels and I think fans needed to show up in bigger support. In a world where comic books movies recycle plots and villains, it's interesting to see films that had oddball characters and inventive characters. I will revisit Waynes World 2 which died a similar death and came out around the same time. My only regret watching this film is knowing that there are no more films in the series. This could've of been a great series if it was given a chance, a giant missed opportunity. 13-08-2017.
June 10, 2017
A very entertaining and charming sequel that surpasses its predecessor. (First viewing - Early 1994 in theaters)
May 31, 2017
I don't like this movie either, I guess because I am not a fan of the Adams family movies, I just don't like any of them, nor this
½ May 30, 2017
I'm not going to suggest that either of the first movie or this one were "better" because I don't think there's much sense making a comparison. Both were fun and funny, both are enjoyable to rewatch.

In this movie, oddly I didn't really like the main plot of Debbie/Fester. I just didn't quite buy Debbie. The rest of the family, on the other hand, was still a lot of fun to watch. Some of the highlights: Anjelica Huston and Raul Julia dancing a fantastic tango, pretty much anything to do with summer camp (Christina Ricci has *so many* wonderful lines in this) and Raul Julia watching Sally Jesse Raphael.
jamrcla
April 16, 2017
Enjoyed it more than the first Pretty entertaining even if it was just as silly as the first.
April 3, 2017
This movie was every bit as hilarious as the first one.
March 31, 2017
Addams Family Values adds more dark comedy and is still a marvel in design, but less memorable than the original
February 10, 2017
This is one of the cases where the second movie is better than the first. It packs more laughs and a fresher screenplay. I really enjoyed this film.
½ January 29, 2017
Light movie family, with great performance and story telling..
November 23, 2016
Great movie, full of charm and wit. This movie is also a Hollywood rarity, this movie is better than the first movie. If you like dark humor or are a fan of the Addams family, this is the movie for you. A+
October 31, 2016
Almost as much fun as the first film!
½ October 30, 2016
Funnier and darker than the last. An awesome movie that is definitely worth the watch. I highly recommend it.