Addams Family Values - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Addams Family Values Reviews

August 18, 2017
This movie is my favorite movie ever
½ August 13, 2017
I remember watching this movie at the cinemas and remembering how much better than the original film it was. The first film had a muddled story but it created the groundwork for the family dynamic, which is the heart and soul of the film series. The film failed terribly at the box office, essentially killing the franchise dead in its tracks, I couldn't understand the reason for ignoring this film. Looking back it is still a superior film, the humour is right on target and the plot has improved so much, the first film had a weak premise with superb casting. This film should of been the stepping stone for at two more sequels and I think fans needed to show up in bigger support. In a world where comic books movies recycle plots and villains, it's interesting to see films that had oddball characters and inventive characters. I will revisit Waynes World 2 which died a similar death and came out around the same time. My only regret watching this film is knowing that there are no more films in the series. This could've of been a great series if it was given a chance, a giant missed opportunity. 13-08-2017.
June 10, 2017
A very entertaining and charming sequel that surpasses its predecessor. (First viewing - Early 1994 in theaters)
May 31, 2017
I don't like this movie either, I guess because I am not a fan of the Adams family movies, I just don't like any of them, nor this
½ May 30, 2017
I'm not going to suggest that either of the first movie or this one were "better" because I don't think there's much sense making a comparison. Both were fun and funny, both are enjoyable to rewatch.

In this movie, oddly I didn't really like the main plot of Debbie/Fester. I just didn't quite buy Debbie. The rest of the family, on the other hand, was still a lot of fun to watch. Some of the highlights: Anjelica Huston and Raul Julia dancing a fantastic tango, pretty much anything to do with summer camp (Christina Ricci has *so many* wonderful lines in this) and Raul Julia watching Sally Jesse Raphael.
jamrcla
April 16, 2017
Enjoyed it more than the first Pretty entertaining even if it was just as silly as the first.
April 3, 2017
This movie was every bit as hilarious as the first one.
March 31, 2017
Addams Family Values adds more dark comedy and is still a marvel in design, but less memorable than the original
February 10, 2017
This is one of the cases where the second movie is better than the first. It packs more laughs and a fresher screenplay. I really enjoyed this film.
½ January 29, 2017
Light movie family, with great performance and story telling..
November 23, 2016
Great movie, full of charm and wit. This movie is also a Hollywood rarity, this movie is better than the first movie. If you like dark humor or are a fan of the Addams family, this is the movie for you. A+
October 31, 2016
Almost as much fun as the first film!
½ October 30, 2016
Funnier and darker than the last. An awesome movie that is definitely worth the watch. I highly recommend it.
September 27, 2016
Surprising improvements over the bland first film make this one a real killer! Some subtly hilarious turns by Huston and her telling mysterious grin got her a Golden Globe nod - who knew?! It's well deserved tho, youll see.

The cast make this a true joy.

4 out of 5 cement pillows
August 29, 2016
Not a great sequel, but Christopher Lloyd is just priceless in this movie!
August 22, 2016
A delightful sequel. The summer camp scenes cracked me up and the film is worth watching for some hilarious physical comedy from Christopher Lloyd. Joan Cusack is a great villain.
August 8, 2016
A good sequel to the prior film, with each character enhancing their roles even more.
July 14, 2016
Addams Family Values is a rare jem that not only improves over it's predecessor, it remains refresh after every viewing. A top notch cast, writing, and direction makes this movie one of the most underappreciated movies from the 20th century.
July 1, 2016
Surprisingly better than the first one with funnier jokes and character development.