American Flyers Reviews

• Mar 03, 2017

Kevin Costner truly is a great cyclist in this film!

Kevin Costner truly is a great cyclist in this film!

• Jul 22, 2016

American Flyers, to me, is a great movie that details what it is like to have a brother you compete both against and with in athletic endeavors. It also show family is a very important part of your life, both the good and bad.

• Jul 18, 2016

Second best cycling drama after Breaking away.

Second best cycling drama after Breaking away.

• May 16, 2016

This movie is one of my favorites is inspirational if you don''t know anything about it is better to get into the plot. I enjoy cycling and this movie get me into the training mode. I like the scenery I is too bad they haven't remastered it for HD quality this would truly in today standard will make it more enjoyable. We are now spoiled with Bluray when this happens this will bring more fans to watch it I think this is an instant c c

• Mar 24, 2015

Cliche yes but you feel for these characters.

Cliche yes but you feel for these characters.

• Oct 07, 2014

This is really enjoyable, it's not quite on the level of 'Breaking Away' but then really that film is some benchmark. This is an enjoyable 80's sports film, with Costner helping nourish my love for him and some pretty accurate cycle race sections. Great fun, albeit with a pretty big lump of cheese.

• Dec 22, 2013

American Flyers est un simple film de sport aux ressorts ecules, a la musique tres datee et au Kevin Costner encore inconnu et moustachu. Cependant, il traite du cyclisme, ce qui en fait un film plutot rare et ses scenes de course sont tres bien filmees par John Badham, coutumier du fait. Les autres acteurs (David Grant, Rae Dawn Chong ou encore Luca Bercovici) sont tout aussi bons. Un film bien sympathique a defaut d'etre original.

• Aug 04, 2013

Was one of my favorite bike movies as a kid. Still enjoy watching this one. Funny now to watch it and see all the Panavision cameras during the race scenes, average person would probably not pick out all the film production equipment and cameras being used during the Coors Classic race.

• May 04, 2013

Okay movie about bicycling. Basically two brothers bond over a bike race after one is cleared from a disease he think's he has passed down from his father. There is a pretty obvious twist to the story the becomes clear to the viewer quite early in the film. And I was kind of shocked there was very little drama played off this. In fact, this film is really clear of any drama or heart, and maybe that is why it was just okay? The cinematography and footage of the bike race is fantastic. Makes you feel like you are right in the race. The cast is fine, but Alexandra Paul really shines here. She is cute and super adorable. She plays the perfect woman...down to wanting a Quarter Pounder With Cheese! Real women actually eat ladies!!! :) Jennifer Grey has a nice bit part as well. I just wish some of the heart of this film would've been worked on some. It could have been something, but the movie just ends and you don't really care much, cause the only thing it did was make the racing scenes look cool.

• Jan 22, 2013

MEDIOCRITY but pretty damn good mediocrity, overall.

MEDIOCRITY but pretty damn good mediocrity, overall.