American Gigolo Reviews

• 6d ago

The crime story is merely the background for a highly stylish exposure of a shallow, ultimately forlorn character - and his slow redemption.

• Jul 06, 2019

One of the most stylish movie. That's all I want to say. Armani on top. Richard looks amazing.

• Jan 29, 2019

Kinda slow seedy but interesting murder mystery. The issue is all the people involved are kinda scumbags so what is brought on to them they kinda deserve. Still an interesting movie.

• Jan 26, 2019

The best romance movie ever made! With the best movie song ever sung: Call Me!

The best romance movie ever made! With the best movie song ever sung: Call Me!

• Nov 29, 2018

The innate beauty of this film - Los Angeles are her aesthetic best (and some of the cast) - save this castrated bland blandness. So much here, such a great idea but the execution is pretty poor and for a film based completely on sex, totally sexless.

• Aug 27, 2018

Ugh. Is it even fair to rate a movie 38 years after its release, when it just seems so...dated. Richard Gere, who went on to become quite an actor, is dull and one-dimensional in this non-plot, non-written movie. The most interesting thing about this movie is the fact that LA had hardly any traffic in 1980. Well, and Blondie's hit song "call Me" This is 2 hours I cannot get back. Somone should do a remake, and get a better plot, better writing, better acting, better characters, etc. I tink in looking for a movie to watch I was actually Looking For Mr. Goodbar instead of this. Got the two confused.

• Aug 20, 2018

excellent drama. Excellent soundtrack for all times.

excellent drama. Excellent soundtrack for all times.

• Jul 21, 2018

Ok at best ,gere isnt very good and most of the movie looks like a music video with the music.

• Jun 27, 2018

Ok movie with Richard gere.

Ok movie with Richard gere.

• Aug 23, 2017