Anaconda Reviews

• Mar 24, 2021

Jennifer Lopez is terrible. This movie is bad-but I like it. Her character sucks in every way. Never knew how she got any acting jobs.

• Mar 08, 2021

When they tell me about a giant monster movie, the first thing I remember is this !

• Jan 02, 2021

It's hard to say much that's good really...I actually think the acting is pretty good...but the effects are very poor even for the time and watching it now its seems silly and laughable...shame really as could have been a really good film...

• Nov 29, 2020

My anaconda? ...Don't.

My anaconda? ...Don't.

• Nov 18, 2020

Laughable, if not painful to watch at times. Expect SYFY channel quality and you might be entertained

• Nov 02, 2020

Such a fun movie for me growing up and I can still picture the previously blank VHS tape with the faded handwritten label peeling off that had by this point become a palimpsest as the three movies recorded before Anaconda were still somewhat discernible on the sticker. This monster movie actually has a pretty decent cast, many becoming much more famous in the years following its release, and Voight gets the MVP this watch playing such a great baddie, with bonus points for that awful accent.

• Oct 16, 2020

Somewhat entertaining but no rewatch 10/16/20

Somewhat entertaining but no rewatch 10/16/20

• Oct 16, 2020

Anaconda offers fun B-movie thrills every once in a while as well as having an incredibly entertaining performance from Jon Voight but it's not very good, however intriguing the premise of "Jaws, with snakes" might have been. The characters are fairly one-note and forgettable, the majority of the acting comes off as indifferent, the effects are unconvincing both as animatronics and CGI (the latter do fare better because they actually do have these pretty cool animations when they wrap themselves around their prey...though I do also almost expect the anacondas to start singing "Trust in Me") and it's frankly so ridiculous that one wonders why exactly this movie warranted the honour of being taken seriously. Because Anaconda felt like it should've been more of a fun horror movie and less of a terrifying horror movie. By that I mean, it could've benefitted from being tongue-in-cheek, especially as a throwback to '50s creature features. After all, this movie did come out just a year after Scream and the same year as that movie's sequel. So yeah, Anaconda is not exactly "so-bad-its-good" but it's still quite absurd. You're better off watching Deep Blue Sea instead.

• Oct 14, 2020

My mom took me to see this when I was 6...... Luv you mom THE GOOD 1. The Cast: Very underrated cast. JLo, Ice Cube, Jon Voight, Owen Wilson, Danny Trejo, cant believe this trash ass movie got all these guys. 2. The death scenes: Memorable kills including the ones to three white guys.... wont spoil them. 3. The scenery: I like how secluded they were in the jungle/ amazon area. THE BAD 1. The Snake: Got less scary the more they showed it. 2. Why did the crew not take care of Jon Voight sooner? We all know Ice Cube is about that life and Jlo is from the block. Shit handle that business.. 3. Why was that snake the terminator? It got shot multiple time, caught on fire and chopped and still came back... Overall it goes under its so bad its good category.

Alec B Super Reviewer
    Sep 25, 2020

A boldly dumb movie. Luis Llosa clearly knew what he was making and doubles down on every ridiculous element (i.e. allowing Jon Voight to give the most baffling performance of his career) which makes this thing very re-watchable.