Annie Reviews

• Nov 21, 2020

If you like musicals, historical fictions, and family friendly films, you will love this movie! When I was younger this was my favorite movie, I would watch it over and over again. To this day, I am in love with this movie. Annie is a must-see movie, most people have seen it, if you haven't I recommend it!

• Aug 28, 2020

Still love this, the reviews at the time weren't fair and people continue to enjoy this

• Jul 14, 2020

Sickeningly sweet but Aileen Quinn somehow pulled it off.

Sickeningly sweet but Aileen Quinn somehow pulled it off.

• Jul 12, 2020

Other than Broadway, this has to be the classic Annie. I also like the 2014 version, but this has the classic songs and some amazing supporting performances. Aileen Quinn is a typical child (over) actor, but does have some great moments especially in her songs and is quite charming. Albert Finney is actually great here - I'm only surprised because he's the last person you'd expect in this role, but his interactions with Annie are sweet and genuine. Carol Burnett is absolutely fabulous in this role - perfectly, unabashedly over the top. Tim Curry shines in this role alongside the underused Bernadette Peters. There are several unfortunate racial stereotypes and jokes which could have easily been cut - along with at least 15 minutes from the film. It drags quite a bit. I think the biggest surprise was learning that the legendary director John Huston, of Maltese Falcon, etc fame, helmed thus family musical. It's definitely an odd choice and it's maybe why this film hasn't held on as a classic.

• Jul 02, 2020

In the end, you're thinking, it's just "Annie." A great play with great songs and, in this case, a very good cast. But if maybe the second choice to direct would have gotten the job, wouldn't it have been better?

• New York Reveiws
    May 07, 2020

Amazing reproduction of origanal

Amazing reproduction of origanal

• Apr 28, 2020

not my favorite. not even close

not my favorite. not even close

• Mar 07, 2020

An absolute classic! It's old-fashioned for sure, but still heart-warming and funny. A great family film.

• Dec 25, 2019

Entertaining family-friendly movie from my childhood that still holds up today.

Entertaining family-friendly movie from my childhood that still holds up today.

• Oct 06, 2019

Decent characters well acted decent plot I love it. The critics are very judgemental it's a great film and it stood the test of time and no remake has ever been able to touch it.